It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Abuse Support Message Board

Seeking out abusive relationships?

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-15-2014, 02:36 PM   #1
asavs
(female)

asavs HB User
Seeking out abusive relationships?

As for my own story, I was emotionally/physically abused by my brother for most of my life. I don't particularly feel like going into detail, but it wasn't pretty, and it still gets to me because he's very much still a part of my life. There were also instances of my sister burning me/tormenting me as well as my grandmother.

A few years ago, some guy I had met tried to rape me, but I fought him off.

I had an abusive boyfriend that I broke up with a couple months ago.

There's also a new guy who wishes to date me, but he's incredibly controlling and makes me feel bad when I don't do what he wants. I'm trying to make him go away, but part of me just goes along with it.

The thing is, it's almost like I'm going to end up in these situations. I kind of expect people to hurt me because everyone else has. Sometimes, I feel like I deserve it and I get depressed (the ex-boyfriend used to reinforce this idea).

So curious to see if anyone else had the same experience.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread