It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Abuse Support Message Board

• privacy violation

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-21-2014, 10:07 PM   #1
    mrs4him
    (female)

mrs4him HB User
    privacy violation

Hi. I've been thinking about something that happened to me a few years ago, I believe I was 19 at the time. I am currently 22 and I can't let it go.
    Long story short, my brother in law invaded my phone one day, he looked through my pictures. At that time, I was trying to lose weight, so I took bra pictures to see the before and after transition. My bro in law saw a picture with me in my bra, instead of coming to me about it, he went straight to my mother. My mother made me let her look through my phone. I cried out of embarrassment that my own bro in law saw me in my bra. I felt so invaded. My mom defended him saying he didn't mean to. What? Didn't mean to invade my privacy? Right.
    Its been hard, I suffer from depression and lately this has been heavily on my mind even though it was years ago, its hard to let go. I do not look at him the same way again. I got no apology.
    Would you be angry if someone snooped through your phone? At this time, I was super self conscious as well. Thoughts?:\

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-22-2014, 12:45 AM   #2
    Seraph
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Seraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB User
    re: privacy violation

I feel angry for you. In no known universe would this be excusable. You were invaded as clearly as if he had spied on you in the bath. Why would he show your mother?? To get you in trouble? Why would she defend him? If someone did that to my daughter, he would be so condemned. I am not sure where you can go from here. Your mother must not know how it made you feel. Have you tried to tell her? I think this is more the issue here; your brother in law is a creep and that is that, and your mother should be protecting you from this sort of thing, not condoning it. It would make me feel that I was alone send unprotected and that he could do it again without consequences and that would be hard. Keep your phone close to you and keep it locked. Sera

Old 06-22-2014, 07:33 AM   #3
    mrs4him
    (female)

mrs4him HB User
    re: privacy violation

Thank you so much, I do agree with you. I've been more vocal about it lately around my siblings, but not really my mom. He is also very judgemental of my life, he openly posts negative stuff about it on his ********. I hate ******** lol:\ people stir up drama.

Old 06-23-2014, 07:11 AM   #4
    beamybea
    (female)

beamybea HB Userbeamybea HB Userbeamybea HB Userbeamybea HB Userbeamybea HB User
    Re: privacy violation

If this had happened to me, I would be looking into my options legally. Perhaps a restraining order or a no trespass warning.
    What he did is inexcusable. What your mother did is very unfortunate, however, im sure she never expected to be put in that position and kniw how to handle it. I would talk with her and establish healthy boundaries for the future and then forgive my mother.
    As far as the brother in law. No. He needs to have consequences.
    Protect yourself from this predator and pervert. Good Luck, bea

Closed Thread