It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Abuse Support Message Board

• A father is being abused by his adult son

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-27-2014, 06:17 PM   #1
    regina1103
    (female)

regina1103 HB User
    A father is being abused by his adult son

Hi I'm new here. I need advice on how to help my friend. We work together and he came to work Thursday with one side of his face bruised and bruises on his arms. I asked what happened he said he and his son had a disagreement. this is the third time in 3 months that he has came to work with bruises. I told him his son should not ever put his hands on him, but he just tries to make lite of it, then makes excuses for him, it's all his fault (the dad) He says he should have made his sons life better. He never disciplined him and now he is 21 yrs old. I say its time to b an adult and stop blaming dad for his problems. I tried to help but it came out wrong I guess, he got really mad at me. I care about him an I want to help but don't know how, any advice for me? thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-28-2014, 10:22 AM   #2
    lenvegas
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

lenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB User
    Re: A father is being abused by his adult son

Hi, the son needs to be disciplined by spending time in jail because he is committing a crime against his father. If you called the authorities the father would probably just deny everything so for you, offering support to the father and telling him calling the police is the right thing to do may be your only recourse.......

Old 07-29-2014, 05:18 AM   #3
    lenvegas
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

lenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB User
    Re: A father is being abused by his adult son

Hi, your friends' son is committing a serious crime and should be arrested for his actions. Unfortunately, even if you got more involved the father would probably deny any wrong doing by his son in order to protect him. Probabilly the best you could do is keep offering support to your friend while trying to convince him to call the police next time this happens.....

Closed Thread