It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board

• GERD bitterness and anger made me lose my girlfriend

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-06-2015, 02:20 PM   #1
    unoaime5
    (male)

unoaime5 HB User
    GERD bitterness and anger made me lose my girlfriend

Tried everything to control my GERD, but it seems like whenever i was having a bad flare up i'd be ridiculously cut off - like, my minds so focused on how bad i feel i'd push people away and treat them absolutely awful.

I loved her but i pretty much told her to break up with me for something petty. Eventually she did (after months of me having outbursts at her after i'd had a few pints which obviously makes it worse). It's hard to care or be rational when it's so bad and it's caused me so much emotional pain. I need to get this sorted.

The worst symptom for me is rancid, rancid taste in my mouth all the time. It's like a layer of crap. Means i couldn't even go out and get a new girlfriend because i can't even kiss anyone.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-09-2015, 04:37 PM   #2
    kacyc
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

kacyc HB Userkacyc HB Userkacyc HB Userkacyc HB Userkacyc HB Userkacyc HB Userkacyc HB Userkacyc HB Userkacyc HB Userkacyc HB Userkacyc HB User
    Re: GERD bitterness and anger made me lose my girlfriend

Quote:
    Originally Posted by unoaime5 View Post
    Tried everything to control my GERD, but it seems like whenever i was having a bad flare up i'd be ridiculously cut off - like, my minds so focused on how bad i feel i'd push people away and treat them absolutely awful.

I loved her but i pretty much told her to break up with me for something petty. Eventually she did (after months of me having outbursts at her after i'd had a few pints which obviously makes it worse). It's hard to care or be rational when it's so bad and it's caused me so much emotional pain. I need to get this sorted.

The worst symptom for me is rancid, rancid taste in my mouth all the time. It's like a layer of crap. Means i couldn't even go out and get a new girlfriend because i can't even kiss anyone.
    Just wanted to say I feel for you and totally understand your situation. I lost many friends through having awful gerd type symptoms and I just know how impossible it is to keep a relationship when you feel so awful. You end up being so horrible because you feel so bad and no-one really gets it. I hope you find a way to get better and be rid of this much under-estimated condition.

Old 04-10-2015, 11:36 AM   #3
    unoaime5
    (male)

unoaime5 HB User

I cannot live with it. I'm seriously not coping. 4 years and i spent 3 of those being told it was all in my head and even getting sectioned after getting so frustrated with the anger of it.

And losing this girl due to my whining about it and aggression with a bad flare up. I can't ever move on from her. She was so, so, so in love with me, the things she used to do for me is unreal. I was a god to her but I took it for granted as my GERD was so dominant and theres nothing I can do about it. Therapy isn't helping, neither is anything else. I lost the one girl I've ever connected with, and now, she's gone due to my illness and I'm going to spend the rest of my life moping about it. People tell me to just move on but really? How can they ever understand.

Old 04-10-2015, 02:09 PM   #4
    LawChick1986
    (female)

LawChick1986 HB User

Hi,

I am new here but not new to GERD. I am so sorry to hear what you are going through right now. My worst fear is losing my partner due to this horrible illness. Mines isnt so much that I get agitated easy but more so the fact that I am sick every single day and like you when I am sick I tend to cut off or isolate because its really hard to be around people who are feeling good and up for anything when you feel like your insides hurt so bad. I also cant really make us dinner anymore, tiddy up our house, go out to eat or do anything. I worry that he will get tired of being with a sick person.

I hear you about not being taken seriously by doctors. I was also made out to be a crazy person. I actually had to refer myself to a gastro doctor after many ER trips. At the ER I would be asked dumb questions like "do you worry about your health" or I would be thrown a Xanax which of course I refused to take. This lead to a delay in proper treatment which caused my esophagus to be damaged and now I have problems swallowing most solid foods. I always feel like food is stuck.

I dont think anyone really understand how horrible this condition is unless they have it. I use to think heart burn was no biggie however like you its ruining my life. I hope you somehow some way are able to heal from this. Have you ever thought about surgery? I have done some research on it and it seems like it can be a hit or miss. Do you think maybe you can work things out with your ex?

Closed Thread