It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board

• Cold/Flu or GERD?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-09-2015, 09:18 AM   #1
    snorkela
    (female)

snorkela HB User
    Cold/Flu or GERD?

I've had 3 apparent colds/flu that have lasted most of the past 2 months. I think they may have been GERD instead, as I am a long sufferer, but I can't tell.

Has anyone else had a fever with GERD? My fever ranged from 99.5 to 101 degrees. Each time I got sick I had strong GERD symptoms before. The third time, the cold-like symptoms were sudden: within a few hours I started sneezing, nose running really intensely, etc. In the past when I've had sinusitis from GERD, it came on more slowly and less running nose.

However, it persists long after a normal cold would. I've got the standard sore throat, congestion, acid taste in my mouth and feeling throughout, cough, etc. that I have grown to associate with GERD. I haven't had a normal day in what feels like forever.

Any thoughts?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-09-2015, 11:26 AM   #2
    danabarb
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

danabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB User
    Re: Cold/Flu or GERD?

If you think you have GERD, I found that aloe vera helped me much more than any medication. I, actually, threw my medication out because I felt it only lasted a short time. You can go to any health food store, but if ascorbic acid bothers you, make sure there is none in it. Regarding some of the other symptoms; have you checked to see if you have allergies?

Old 07-09-2015, 01:58 PM   #3
    movielover40
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

movielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB User

Stomach acid can reach the lungs if your GERD is bad enough.

I would talk to your GI doctor about it.

Old 07-09-2015, 06:34 PM   #4
    snorkela
    (female)

snorkela HB User

Thanks for the reply. I have checked to see if have allergies, none have shown up on the tests from both naturopaths and regular allergist doctors. I just bought a bottle of Aloe Vera a few days ago. I read however that it can cause complete kidney failure and is hard on the kidneys. My kidney tests are off, and I have no idea why, so I decided to not open the bottle at this point. It's all a mystery to me.

Old 07-09-2015, 06:41 PM   #5
    danabarb
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

danabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB User

I am no doctor, but the aloe vera I take is nothing but aloe vera and has done wonders for me. I have been taking it for years. Aloe vera is healing plant. if you have such plant in your yard, you cut a sliver of it and apply it to a cut on your body. However, I take the pills.

Old 07-09-2015, 06:57 PM   #6
    snorkela
    (female)

snorkela HB User

Glad it's working for you! I'd definitely try it if I didn't have some kidney stuff.

Closed Thread

Tags
    cold, fever