It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board

• LPR/PVVN or something else?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-05-2015, 09:15 AM   #1
    MeowMeow360
    (female)

MeowMeow360 HB User
    LPR/PVVN or something else?

I've browsed through a lot of threads about these issues and I have a couple questions but first let me start with a little background.
    Mine all started after four people in my department at work put in their 2 weeks notice. Our department is tiny already(started at 14 people then 3 left and now 4 more). We take in paperwork from hundreds of people and have to go over it. Seems highly unrealistic right? 3 of the people leaving now are specialized in certain aspects of the department and now I have to take over their work(since I was trained all around).
    Then I came down with what I thought was a cold. Went to a Patient First for shortness off breath, trouble swallowing and sore throat. I felt all around crappy. The doctor said it "could be something viral and I just need to let it run its course." Drink plenty of water since I had ketones in my urine.
    Then I started feeling a little better until I ate a burger my roommate made for dinner. God the lump in my throat sucked. I missed work a few days trying to get myself on track and am going to my PCP today. I had a stuff nose, jaw pain and post nasal drip. I would wake up in the middle of the night to cough up mucus. To top it all off I have a persistent cough and in the beginning I had to constantly clear the white frothy mucus from my throat in order to breath. My throat and chest randomly become tight and when it gets bad I have tingling in my arms and upper back/neck.
    I changed my diet greatly and haven't had very many issues except the tightness and shortness of breath. I also smoke but this is motivation to quit. To top it all off I had a corpus luteum Cyst on my right ovary that decided to rupture three days ago causing over 7 hours of pain and an ER visit. As well as extensive monitoring on my part and now two different appointments(one with my PCP and one with a OB/GYN)
    I've been sick for almost 4 weeks and I'm just trying to figure out how all of this got triggered and if it is actually LPR or something else.
    Can PVVN cause food sensitivities that mimic LPR?
    Am I stuck on this bland diet for the rest of my life?
    It has been depressing me lately(as a female i really like my chocolate) but I'm going to see my PCP today to get on Trazadone for any improvement in my mental state as well as insomnia. PPI's aren't exactly my first choice. Im only 20 and weigh 102 pounds. What can I eat that can help gain weight but not upset my body? I had a salad with shrimp and cheese on it for dinner last night and I felt fine! I was so happy for the little breakthrough. Bananas seem ok and I've been taking Vitamin d3 gummies as well as a multivitamin every morning. Nutri grain bars seem fine too as well as strawberry and cream oatmeal(delicious). Does anyone know any probiotics I can take to help digestion as well? Sorry for such a long post but I feel it's necessary.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread