It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board

• Recently diagnosed, confirming symptoms

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 06-02-2016, 04:55 PM   #1
    ChewieGerd
    (male)

ChewieGerd HB User
    Recently diagnosed, confirming symptoms

It started about a year ago, almost to the day, I had chest pain, or rather.. A chest feeling that didn't feel right, almost like someone was slightly pressing a soda can right below my throat on my chest. I went to the ER because I also felt a tingling in my arm, I'm not one to look into symptoms but wanted to er on the side of caution. I thought it was a heart attack, emergency room cleared me, said everything was fine nothing to worry about.

Fast forward four months later, I just get off work and I feel a pain in my arm, and mild chest pain, this is a little more than the chest pain I experienced previously. I was talking to a police officer who I know at the time and he took me to ER because he knew someone with similar symptoms who had a heart attack. Couple hours later I'm clear, no worries they say.

About one month ago, I experience chest pain again, this time it's painful, but not to bad, similar to the feeling of a cramp after you rub the cramp out. My girlfriend, who over worries Insist I go to the ER, so we do, I tell the doctor I'm sick of coming into the hospital for nothing. They run an ekg and blood test (like all the other times), and the doctor comes back in to tell me it's an esphogeus spasm, or acid reflux, I'm mildly relieved but no it seemed like a guess more than a diagnosis.

I've rarely had heartburn (once a month at most, although that only started about two years ago). The only symptoms I experience are the chest pains, which as me worried because I can eat whatever and it's still there, (since I was told it was acid reflux, I've only eaten Gerd friendly foods, in small doses).

I don't stress out often, but this has me worried, and I'd be willing to admit that maybe all this is nothing more than stress related, because frankly I'm more concerned it may be heart related.

So I guess after a long story, my question is, does anyone else have a similar set of experiences. My current symptoms are the chest pain or ache rather, and sometimes a clogged throat feeling, no heartburn or acidic liquids coming up.

I feel I should add, I'm 28 years old, relatively healthy.

The following user gives a hug of support to ChewieGerd:
    movielover40 (06-03-2016)
    Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-03-2016, 12:08 PM   #2
    JLM60
    (female)

JLM60 HB User
    Re: Recently diagnosed, confirming symptoms

have you seen your physician? I have similar symptoms minus the arm tingling. i have not had a scope yet but am wondering about a hiatal hernia. you can have "attacks" with those that mimick a heart attack. I am also 28 and healthy! doesnt seem to matter what i eat, i'm miserable.

do you have any other silent symptoms of reflux? cough, losing your voice? i've been losing my voice multiple times a day for months, it wasn't until the stabbing chest pain came of that i realized it's reflux related.

Old 06-03-2016, 02:00 PM   #3
    movielover40
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

movielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB User

GERD can make you feel very badly including heart pain.

Are you taking any medicine for it??

I've had it for about 3 years now.

Best of luck to you. Try not to stress out too much. It is treatable.

Old 06-04-2016, 12:08 PM   #4
    Nassau one
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Nassau one HB UserNassau one HB UserNassau one HB UserNassau one HB User

I too was only getting the chest /stomach pain which would go through to my back in what seemed to be a spasm, sometimes lasting hours. I never had the acid reflux and not sure if 'heartburn' is not the pain that we experience. Mine has now become less intense and I get bouts of nausea and indigestion and a feeling of heaviness in my chest and between my shoulder blades. I do quite often have to clear my throat a lot in the mornings. I have always been able to eat normally, unless I tried to eat during a spasm, in which case I throw up! Actually that solves the problem. Gerd/acid reflux/heartburn seem to cover a multitude of symptoms!

Reply Reply