It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board

• Can this be the cause for dizziness and shortness of breath ?

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 06-23-2016, 03:01 AM   #1
    Thehappyboy
    (male)

Thehappyboy HB User
    Question Can this be the cause for dizziness and shortness of breath ?

Im 21 years old and for the past 2 months I had a lot of tests for GERD. Few days ago I was on gastroscopy and they didn't find anything very extreme. I have small hiatal hernia and light gastritis. I was negative (could still be falsely negative as doctor said) on helicobacter pylori bacteria and I will have to do another test in a month. As my doctors said there is nothing too extreme with my stomach and they gave me PPI called Nexium (twice a day 40mg). Still, I keep feeling very dizzy or lightheadedness which makes me feel like im going to faint 24/7. Even though I don't really faint I feel like im not really present at what is happening around me. Sometimes also I also get very anxious because after almost 4 months I feel a bit hopeless. I also have light headache. I also don't sleep good for quite few weeks now. On top of that I have constant shortness of breath. Sometimes it improves a little bit, but for the past 3-4 months I don't really know how it feels like to get full satisfying breath. My lungs should be almost perfect according to some tests ( I do have very light asthma, but is connected to allergies)

I already had PPI treatment before and it didn't help me at all and now my doctors decided to give me another one but with a different PPI than before.

Can those symptoms really be connected to my illness ? I read something about PPIs making you dizzy, but I don't know... Im worried about the dosage I got for PPIs, but my doctors said it is alright.... Could my constant shortness of breath really be connected to my illness ? Should I go on MRI because of my dizziness ?

P.S. Sorry for possible mistakes in my english. Im foreign speaker

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-30-2016, 03:31 PM   #2
    1up

1up HB User
    Re: Can this be the cause for dizziness and shortness of breath ?

maybe lower the dosage, but add B12 supplement to your diet (not I am not a doctor). This has helped my dizziness and shortness of breath hugely while taken PPIs. I wish I would have known about this trick sooner, might take a few days to work

Reply Reply

Tags
    faintness, gerd, lightheadedness, nexium, shortness of breath