It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board

• Gaining Weight/Acid Reflux

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 08-31-2016, 10:56 AM   #1
    jellybelly16
    (female)

jellybelly16 HB User
    Question Gaining Weight/Acid Reflux

Hello all! I recently posted something similar but it seems as if my anxiety is taking over so I gotta post again while adding a few details I recently found out.

I am 18 years old, taking Prilosec OTC recommended by my doctor. He said I only had to take it for 2 weeks as it says on the box for my mild acid reflux. I was fine with this until he ALSO told me to eat foods with a lot of fat/calories so I could gain weight (im underweight!!). It seems as if hes more concerned about that instead of my reflux….

What I'm concerned about is how my "fatty/carb eating" is going to affect the reflux. I was prepared to go on a reflux diet so I dont get acid rebound from the Prilosec once im off of it (if i even do get the rebound lol) but now that I have to eat all of the foods people recommend i SHOULD NOT eat while having reflux, im worried. Everything that I'm not supposed to eat, the doctor says I need to eat. I really don't want my reflux to get worse, especially since its kind of mild in the first place!!! If I get a worse heartburn or nausea every morning like I kind of had ill probably be crying every night

If someone could give advice or tell me everything that would be great. Im just a worried willy, I need to control my anxiety and many health concerns too. Thank you!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-31-2016, 01:47 PM   #2
    movielover40
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

movielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB User
    Re: Gaining Weight/Acid Reflux

You need to learn to relax and listen to your doctor.

If your worried about GERD eat more often and eat smaller portions.

Reply Reply