It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board

• Throat issues. Silent Reflux? Allergies?

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 10-09-2016, 07:41 AM   #1
    matthewjoseph20
    (male)

matthewjoseph20 HB User
    Throat issues. Silent Reflux? Allergies?

For the past 3-4 weeks I have been dealing with throat issues. It started with a bad cold that left me with a lot of drainage, hoarse voice, and throat pain/burning sensation. The hoarse voice comes and goes, and for the most part has gradually improved and the last 4-5 days has ranged anywhere from a 1-5/10 on the annoying scale. The drainage improved a great deal, but now has found a steady spot at about what I would call a 3-4/10. The burning sensation comes and goes and ranks anywhere from about a 0-6/10. I have also been belching a lot more lately than I normally do.

I grew up in the Midwest and had very bad allergies as a child, but have kind of "grown out of them". They also typically were more the sneezing/stuffy nose type allergies and more of a scratchy throat than a burning throat, like this. I have now lived out in California for over a year, and during that first year I got a couple really bad colds/sore throats (both around this time of the year) - but treated them and they went away within a week or two and didn't have the same burning sensation. This one has been lingering for quite some time now so I'm starting to wonder what is going on. Does this type of pain sound familiar to anyone? If so, do you have any suggestions? Thanks in advance for your help!

Side note: I also have greatly changed my diet over the last month and a half, gone to eating much smaller meals and I have completely cut out soda.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-01-2016, 07:06 PM   #2
    TEdds83
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

TEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB User
    Re: Throat issues. Silent Reflux? Allergies?

Hello! I hope you feel better. I still live in the midwest and wish I lived in California. I know what you mean about allergies. I am a chronic sufferer. I have allergy shots every Friday and I still suffer. The fall is the worst. You do not suffer alone. In the past 5 weeks I have had 2 colds, one sinus infection and one upper respiratory infection. I do work around young kids too. But I have been so depressed lately over feeling so rotten for so long. My main symptom is a lingering post nasal drip cough that is so annoying. I lose sleep because of it too. I am beginning to think that is has been brought on by acid reflux. Now I have to get that under control. But yes, I think these things can take weeks to straighten out. I hope you are all better now. It will give me hope that I will be better soon too!

Reply Reply

Tags
    allergies, burning throat, drainage, silent reflux, sore throat