It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board

• Normal endoscopy but severe acid reflux

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 11-18-2016, 04:07 AM   #1
    stella93
    (female)

stella93 HB User
    Normal endoscopy but severe acid reflux

I'm 23 years old. I started getting acid reflux after having anorexia for 1 year. After several months, the acid reflux healed, and I was able to eat anything I wanted. However, last January, the acid reflux came back due to stress. I got an endoscopy done last March, but it came out normal. Recently, my acid reflux has been getting worse due to stress from work, and almost any food gives me a problem (anything fried, oily, spicy, or acidic). Recently, even apples and sushi (because of the vinegar) have been giving me problems. My stomach starts gurgling, and I feel really hungry. 2 weeks ago, I drank 1 teaspoon of instant decaffeinated coffee, and I had an acidic taste in my mouth the whole day, and my stomach was hurting. I also noticed that I get full really easily, but after a few hours, my stomach starts making rumbling noises, like it's hungry. Could it be possible that I have a hiatal hernia? Should I get another endoscopy or do other tests, like pH monitoring or the barium test?

Last edited by stella93; 11-18-2016 at 04:10 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-20-2016, 09:37 PM   #2
    Silkblackkat
    (female)

Silkblackkat HB User
    Re: Normal endoscopy but severe acid reflux

Hi, I has similar issues where my endoscopy came back clean time and time again and my PH test was clean as well. I finally had had enough and had more tests done. The impedence test was the only one that saw anything. Most of the doctors I went to just thought it was in my head. But I found out I had non acidic reflux. All the other tests only register acid so nothing was showing up. Anyways, I know your situation is different but I really think you should get more tests. At least the PH test, if your doctor doesn't suggest it then just say you really would like it bc u want to know. I was barely living before we found out what it was. It makes you so depressed ya know? so I get how frustrating it all is. The tests can only help really.

Reply Reply

Tags
    acid reflux, acid reflux gerd stomach pain burning, endoscopy