It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board

• Acid Reflux Problems

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 12-05-2016, 09:55 AM   #1
    alpi
    (male)

alpi HB User
    Acid Reflux Problems

Hi. I have had smotach problems since I am a kid. I have been told I have acid reflux problem by two doctors. Almost 10 years ago, my first doctor prescribed Nexium. However after 4-5 days, I started having really bad stomach pain and nausea from the pills. So I stopped. Last year I went to see another doctor and he also recommended Nexium. He told me Nexium would not cause such stomach pain. Of course after 4-5 days, I started having the same side affects. I am getting desperate because my health is getting worst. I have a very strong breath odor coming from my stomach, I am super gassy all the time. I even get anal leakage in the night time to time. I am wondering if acid reflux can cause such symptoms and why Nexium is not helping. I would appreciate any help.

The following user gives a hug of support to alpi:
    movielover40 (12-06-2016)
    Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-06-2016, 02:12 PM   #2
    kacyc
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

kacyc HB Userkacyc HB Userkacyc HB Userkacyc HB Userkacyc HB Userkacyc HB Userkacyc HB Userkacyc HB Userkacyc HB Userkacyc HB Userkacyc HB User
    Re: Acid Reflux Problems

If you bad breath, and it is coming from the stomach, this is due to undigested food lurking in the stomach. Any acid suppressing drugs will make this worse as they decrease digestion, not aid digestion. It sounds like you are taking the wrong approach to getting well, confirmed by the fact these meds gave you stomach pains.
    what symptoms did you have before taking the nexium, that lead to your diagnosis of acid reflux? Did you actually have heartburn? And did the meds help this at all?

Old 12-06-2016, 04:11 PM   #3
    VerbalContent
    (female)

VerbalContent HB User

Hi, I'm new to this and I happened to stumble upon here and saw this, you might want to have your gallbladder checked out if you haven't yet. I just recently bout 1 month ago suffered with GERD and a week ago I just found out I have polyps in my gallbladder. I do get pain and barely eat because it hurts whenever I eat something and triggers my reflux as well. I was 175 now I'm 164lbs. I also have low thyroid as well so it's going bonkers. But most definitely get tht checked out, hope you get better. 🤗

Old 12-12-2016, 11:48 AM   #4
    Blue1957
    (female)

Blue1957 HB User

Hi have you been tested for Halcobacter Pylori or known as H.Pylori, this can be done by a stool test, breath test and blood test. This is a stomach bacterium that many people have in the gut and it's harmless but for some it becomes active and can cause acid reflux, stomach pain as it burrows into the stomach lining and can cause ulcers. I have tested positive and been on very high level triple thearpy 2 types of antibiotics and Omeprazole. You should be tested to rule it in or out. Hope this helps.

Reply Reply

Tags
    acid, nexium, reflux, stomach