It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board

• Newbie....LPR/Acid Reflux help

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 12-05-2016, 10:39 AM   #1
    RSTurbo50
    (male)

RSTurbo50 HB User
    Newbie....LPR/Acid Reflux help

Well this is my first post and Iv not been well since September 2016. A few days after my birthday, I remember as the day went on a terrible burning sensation in my throat. It felt like my throat was on fire. Iv suffered tonsillitis many times over the years but this was different. Along with this Iv had a tickly cough and a feeling of a lump in my throat. I also had a hoarse voice made worse when Iv talked too much.

I went to the doctors a week after the symptoms started and was given 20mg Omaprazole. They never agreed with me as I had headaches and felt like I had flu. I took them for ten days then stopped. I then had a few days of feeling back to normal and was relieved. However the symptoms then returned. I went back to see my GP and he prescribed 300mg Ranitidine to be taken at night. I took these for 28 days but was still suffering sore throats regularly though the tickly cough eased. I went back to my GP again and I'm now on 15mg of Lansoprazole taken in the morning. Iv been on them for eight days and still no change. The very sore throats, feeling of a lump in my throat, tightness around my neck and tickly cough are still there,

I hardly touch alcohol now, have cut out hot and spicy foods, have no more than two cups of tea a day and the majority of the time drink only water, never fizzy drinks.

Is it time for the camera do you think or do I need to give these Lansoprazole time to work? Iv still got 20 tablets to take...

I'm at my wits end. I'm 37, male and not over weight and a non smoker.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-12-2016, 12:22 PM   #2
    Blue1957
    (female)

Blue1957 HB User
    Re: Newbie....LPR/Acid Reflux help

Hi, I started symptoms of running nose for no reason and what I can only describe as mucus/phelgm/liquid in my throat, I was given a nasal spray for post nasal drip, the spray has dried up the running nose but no change to the throat issues. I was then told it was Acid Reflux and put on Omeprazole 20-40mg per day. They don't seem to remove the symptoms now tested for H.Pylori this is positive and could be causing the Reflux. Never had issues like this, don't drink Smoke or eat fatty or unhealthy food. I am 59 female. I am going to try mastic gum as an alternative to Omeprazole it's a natural product that comes recommended from alternative therapy writer of books and a patient.

Reply Reply