It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board

H.pylori, GERD - Help needed

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-30-2017, 01:02 PM   #1
Dee Tee
(female)

Dee Tee HB User
Question H.pylori, GERD - Help needed

Hi all,

This is my first thread and post in this forum

I'm 32 years old. I've never had any major health issues until this year. I started experiencing gnawing stomach pain, indigestion, stomach bloating and excessive burping since April of this year. I went to my PCP and she suspected H.pylori based on my symptoms. I did the breath test which came out positive. I took triple therapy for 2 weeks, which was like hell. They re-tested me with the breath test after 6 weeks of treatment completion. It came back positive

I did the quadruple therapy. Felt like hell again. My symptoms did improve a bit but I still have stomach pain along with burping. My PCP referred me to a Gastroentrologist. They've done stool, blood tests which came back normal. I had an upper GI endoscopy this Monday. I've had biopsy samples taken from my stomach and duodenum to test for H.pylori.

I don't think I can handle another round of antibiotics. I've had severe diarrhea, nausea , headaches and dizziness during both previous rounds of antibiotic therapy. Probiotics helped with some of these side-effects but I'm afraid my body can't take more antibiotics.

Has anyone else experienced similar treatment failure? Also did any natural treatments work for you? Thank you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply

Tags
gerd, h.pylori