It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board

LPR \ GERD Symptoms and relief question?

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-31-2017, 02:28 PM   #1
cru028
(male)

cru028 HB User
LPR \ GERD Symptoms and relief question?

I will try and avoid a long post. I am wondering if anyone has had these symptoms and what you did to relieve them and how long it took to start feeling better.

Symptoms: Burping quite a bit and can feel taste gastric contents come up from time to time. A scratch \ itch sensation on the larynx (just above adams apple) that will cause coughing from time to time. Mild shortness of breath.. Its mainly on the right side, sometimes radiates to my ear which I know is referred pain from around my larynx. Sometimes when I take a deep breath it feels like a pulled muscle around my larynx (mainly in the AM). A mild scratch feeling in the back of my throat. Right ear feels slightly full. Throat clearing. Feels like I have mild chest congestion. Symptoms come and go for a couple weeks at a time.

I do not have: Swollen lymph nodes that I can tell. Headaches. No bumps or bulges in neck. I do not have severe heartburn (have in the past). I do not have voice hoarseness which is good

I have seen the ENT and they did a scope and said everything looked fine, that was a couple months ago during a spout I was feeling ok. Said it might be Cough Variant Asthma... not the case. I did a breathing test and my lungs performed well above that of my age group.

I do not: Smoke. Drink much alcohol. Do drugs.

Anyone experience this and if so what did you do to solve it? Right now I am trying Apple Cider Vinegar, Nexium (which has only helped the heartburn not the reflux). I know leaving untreated for a long time can cause damage to your airway and I definitely want to avoid that.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply