It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board

LPR Diagnosis after Staph Infection

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-04-2017, 08:06 AM   #1
Marem
(female)

Marem HB User
LPR Diagnosis after Staph Infection

Two months ago, I had a knee revision. A week later it got infected with a staph infection that was treated with Cephalexin and Doxycycline for 2 weeks. The infection went away but 2 weeks later I was unable to eat my normal foods without getting a feeling of a lump in my throat and difficulty in breathing. I also had a lot of post nasal drainage. It came on so sudden. I thought that it might be an allergic reaction. My breathing got so bad that I went to the ER and was given Prednisone. It did not help the swelling. I scheduled an appointment with an ENT that also did allergy testing. He did a scope that went down your nose and said that there was a lot of swelling and told me that I had Silent Reflux. He wrote an Rx for Omeprazole DR 20 mg to be taken before breakfast and at bedtime. I was also told to follow a bland diet with no sugar, caffeine, alcohol, bread, spicy and fried food. I took the Omeprazole for 2 weeks. I still had the symptoms. I consulted with a Gastroenterologist and he suggested an Upper Endoscopy. I had that done and he put me on Protonix 40 mg, once a day before breakfast. I am waiting on biopsies. I have never had any reflux issues ever. I believe there may me a connection wyith the antibiotics that I took before I got these symptoms. Has anyone else had a similar situation?

Last edited by Marem; 09-04-2017 at 09:05 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply