It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board

Throat ulcer/GERD taking PPI's PLEASE GET DISSOLVING B12

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-17-2017, 01:07 PM   #1
GetB12
(female)

GetB12 HB User
Throat ulcer/GERD taking PPI's PLEASE GET DISSOLVING B12

I've been suffering like everyone else here, for 4 years taking PPI's and Zantac but MAINTAINED a VERY PAINFUL throat ulcer. I've been reading these posts and tried a lot of different suggestions. The last one was to take B12. I got the B12 that dissolves under your tongue and took Vitamin B complex, and vitamin C as soon as the B12 dissolved. Within 24 hours (actually less), the pain I felt for 4 years was 80% gone and I'm still flabergasted. IT MUST BE THE B12 THAT DISSOLVES UNDER YOUR TONGUE, and NOT the tablets you swallow! Not having any B12 being absorbed in our bodies is stopping our ulcers from healing!! I did some research, here is the rundown. All of us are taking PPI's and Zantac, which inhibit our bodies to absorb ANY B12. Our bodies do not make B12, so we CANNOT get it in our systems that way, and when we take B12 supplements, or eat foods that have B12 such as meats and eggs, our stomach is COMPLETELY incapable of absorbing ANY of it because the antacids we keep taking day after day stop our stomachs from producing a molecule called intrinsic factor. Our stomach NEEDS normal levels of hydrochloric acid to absorb B12 but we don't have hydrochloride acid because we are taking PPI's to get rid of the acid so our bodies don't make this Intrinsic factor which we DESPERATELY need! Intrinsic factor is a molecule protein made by your stomach. It grabs onto the B12 molecule and together they move through your stomach to your small intestine. When they reach the end of your small intestine, the intrinsic factor is absorbed first, pulling the B12 with it into the cells of your large intestine, where they are absorbed for use by the rest of your body. Also, B12 is water-soluable, meaning, whatever is not quickly absorbed will be flushed out so you need to keep replenishing it until you heal. I've been putting a B12 under my tongue 2 or 3 times a day (along with the vit c and B complex) and the ulcer is healing RAPIDLY, and I'm not exaggerating. I NEVER wrote on any boards in my life, and had to register today because I feel very strongly that I have a responsibility to let everyone here know about B 12 and I am praying that it works for as many people as possible because I know it is terrible suffering. I took vitamin c with it because I know vitamin c helps with absorption in your body. I took the B complex because I've read that all the B vitamines work together so I thought it best. However, the B12 alone may be all that is required, but I can't say for sure because I took all 3 together every time. I also want to thank the person who suggested B12 somewhere on this site because I was at my wits end. I have other medical issues, and this on top of everything else was just WAY TOO MUCH! if you have a throat ulcer and have been taking Zantac and or other PPI's, please try the dissolving B12. I pray that it helps others as it has helped me

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply