It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board

Help please, worried! Is it gastroenteritis?

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-23-2017, 09:52 AM   #1
Venny0492
(male)

Venny0492 HB User
Help please, worried! Is it gastroenteritis?

Probably 3-5days before I got this, I had been worrying about money issues for my holiday.

Tuesday night I went to sleep and was fine, about 3-4am I woke up with a sharp pain in my stomach. it was a sharp pain, like I had pulled something or I wanted the toilet to relief it but couldnt go, I put this down to having mac n cheese for my dinner, shephards pie topped with cheese and then cheese on toast for supper. When I got up and walked for a little while I would throw up. I couldnt keep anything down really.

The doctor came out and checked me, pressed my stomach, which hurt, but not enough to make me wail in pain. pressed down all over my stomach area and he pressed down just above my belly button and that was the worst part and he said it was tender. He prescribed me Lansoprazole, 1 to be taken twice a day, and just let it dissolve, cause at the time I couldnt keep anything down for long. I believe he called it gastroenteritis and my mum said he said it was gastroenteritis, but I have anxiety and am worrying a little about it. Mainly because I am going away in a weeks time.

The day after I woke up and the pain had dulled quite a lot, I had a slice of toast, drank more water throughout the day, dinner time I had soup and at tea I had some pasta. I had started to get a headache throughout the day as well. That was down to having text neck and didnt help with sleeping with my head bent, plus i was tired. Around 10 I threw up, I am putting this down to a headache, sitting up and moving. However, in the day I did manage to go for a number 2, it was slighty harder than normal and had muscus on it.

Third day, I wasnt sick and manage to pass water and go for a number 2 twice, still hardish but I wasnt sick. Other than a little pain at the top of my stomach area and a little tension headache at the back of my head I was fine. I dont know whether the pain in the stomach was down to being sick, as on the first day I hadnt got anything in my stomach so was pretty much forcing anything up. Or was still down to the infection. I ate a slice of toast, some arrowroot biscuits, soup, plain rice and a hot n spicy battered chicken cob, throughout the day I mustve drank about 6 cups of tea and at least 4 pints of water as well and felt better than the previous days.

I noticed on the second day I was passing more gas as well.

Today, the pain is roughly the same as yesterday, just a very dull ache. I have had a poached egg on toast with some grilled bacon, and havent been sick. Sometimes I feel like I has trapped gas. I am going to have some fish and rice for my tea and im going to have some lucozade, at the moment i am starting to feel slightly hungry. I have been to the loo today, about 3 times for #1 and once for the other. The consistency is roughly back to the same as normal, a little mucus and some light and dark brown colours.

I have still got a bad taste in my mouth, it tastes of like nothing but it isnt very nice, what is that down to?

HOw long will it be until I am 100% fine as I am going away in a week?

is it Gastroenteritis? I know for deffo the dr said its a stomach virus and began with G and said should feel better in the next few days.

Also would Yakult help?

When should i go back to the drs?

I think I am worrying about if I am better in time for my holiday or if it is anything worse which wont help.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply