It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board

Gastritis - what can I eat? Bland Diet

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-28-2017, 12:06 PM   #1
Venny0492
(male)

Venny0492 HB User
Gastritis - what can I eat? Bland Diet

So, Early hours last Wednesday Morning I woke up with a sharp stabbing pain just above my belly button. I kept trying to go to sleep, but only nodding on and off the rest of the night. In the morning I tried to go to the toilet as I thought I was constipated as I couldnt go, and the previous day had quite abit of cheese (Mac n Cheese, Shephard Pie and cheese on toast). I ended up throwing up throughout the day, I couldnt keep anything down, so each time I was going to be sick it was becoming more painful as I had nothing in my stomach. The dr came out to see me, and he checked my stomach and said where the pain was, was tender, he said it was a stomach virus and gave me Lansoprazole. 1 to be taken twice a day.

Thursday, the pain had dulled a lot, and I was able to keep food down. I did throw up around 10 in the evening, I put this down to having an headache and standing up quickly.

Over the weekend I started eating more normal foods. From then till now, I have just had a dull ache, where the sharp pain was and on the lower right side of the stomach. I started to eat normal again, I had a big breakfast from Morrisons, and felt fine. On the Friday, I had a hot and spicy chicked breast and felt fine. I ahve also drank some cola and Lucozade and the pain has never gone back to the level of pain like on the wednesday.

Today I did go to the drs to see my main GP. She pressed my stomach for some time and said there is no lumps or bumps, I cant remember if she said if it was tender or not, I think she said it doesnt feel tender. She said it was gastritis, an inflammation of the stomach lining, and said about the tablets helping and to eat bland foods and stay away from greasy, spicy food. And if it continues or gets worse go back and see her.

A good/bad thing is, I am on holiday next week, so my mind will be occupied on what to do and enjoying myself. I also have anxiety and depression. Also I am incharge of cooking, so I get to pick what I want to eat.

I have looked online, and I just get confused on what to eat and what not to eat.

So what can I actually eat?

I have brought most of the items of food already and there is two of us;

The plan for dinners was

Chippy

tinned veg, gravy and something

Spag Bol

Pizza

Tagliatelle (white sauce and bacon)

Chicken Tikka Masala and rice

Chippy

I am thinking now; [just for me]

Spaghetti or rice

the tinned veg

spaghetti (As the bolognese sauce contains tomatoes and Ive read that is bad for you)

Spaghetti or rice

The Tagliatelle (but either pick out the bacon or just have it grilled)

rice

Spaghetti or Rice

is that ok?

The Spaghetti, Tagliatelle and the rice will just be boiled with nothing added to them

The tinned veg will be the same

For breakfast

White bread toast probably dry - otherwise it would be margarine

One day I might have beans on toast and another Poached egg on toast

For dinner

I will have a Yakult and probably just a tuna sandwich. I will probably get activia yogurt as wel

Will that be ok?

Also, can anyone recommend anything else?

Also would it be ok to have a pint of ale ? As I am on holiday

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply