It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board

Road to Reversing my LPR/GERD

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-29-2017, 06:23 PM   #1
out890
(male)

out890 HB User
Road to Reversing my LPR/GERD

So I've been treating what I'm 90% sure is LPR for the past 2-3 months since being diagnosed with a "mild" case of GERD, by the ENT I went to in July.

Now, I've never had any major health issues at all, so anyone who's reading this can probably tell, it was a huge blow to my life initially. And something i found interesting is that my mother had it quite bad as a child, and eventually had it as bad as I did in the early stages of mine, she eventually began taking Prilosec, changed her diet, etc. and she can eat whatever she wants now without any issue, completely healed. I've read an article that says GERD is genetic, so I'm wondering if there actually is something to that, and the reason I have it at the moment.

There's also the thing with having the flu twice in a year, and I've also read that things like that can bring LPR on. But I am determined to beat it, especially considering how my symptoms are slowly but surely improving as I've mentioned. I am eventually going to attempt to wean myself off the PPI, as I know it's probably not the best thing to take long term(and besides I'm planning to try and heal myself completely so I'm praying that's what ends up happening).

I'd love to hear what anyone else who's dealing with this condition has been doing to improve it and heal, what foods or drinks are safe for you or that you'd recommend, etc.

Last edited by Administrator; 09-29-2017 at 07:49 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply