It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board

How to know if chest pain is caused by the gerd condition or something else though.

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-30-2017, 07:44 PM   #1
gal3323
(female)

gal3323 HB User
How to know if chest pain is caused by the gerd condition or something else though.

I have some chest pain for awhile already. I do have the gerd condition though I am not sure if the chest pain I have is from it. Can anyone tell me how chest pain caused by the gerd condition is like. Is there anything to get rid of it though. Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-01-2017, 11:01 AM   #2
Leo255
(male)

Leo255 HB UserLeo255 HB UserLeo255 HB User
Re: How to know if chest pain is caused by the gerd condition or something else thoug

It's very simple...Does it happen some time after you eat? Also, does it get better with tums, pepcid, zantac, etc.? Most likely, a doctor will check your chest x-ray, do an EKG, etc. to rule out heart, lungs, etc., and then will put you on a PPI to see if you get better.

Old 10-02-2017, 11:04 AM   #3
gal3323
(female)

gal3323 HB User
Re: How to know if chest pain is caused by the gerd condition or something else thoug

Thanks. Do you know if there is something I can take to help with chest pain if it is caused by the gerd condtion though. Thanks ya.

Old 10-09-2017, 05:59 AM   #4
Queenie99
(female)

Queenie99 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by gal3323 View Post
I have some chest pain for awhile already. I do have the gerd condition though I am not sure if the chest pain I have is from it. Can anyone tell me how chest pain caused by the gerd condition is like. Is there anything to get rid of it though. Thanks.
I have GERD and hypercontractile esophagus (commonly know as Nutcracker or Jackhammer Esophagus) that causes me to have chest pains that could be mistaken for a heart attack. The pain usually starts in the upper stomach, travels to the chest and up into the jaw and ears. I had Nissen Fundoplication in August 2014 to relieve my GERD and due to PPIs not working. In October 2016 my GERD symptoms came back after 2+ years symptom free. Recently had a 96 hr pH test, but the test results indicated no acid both on and off PPIs, so my GI believes my symptoms are from my esophagus. He put me on Amitriptyline and I go back in January for a follow-up as he says it would take 3 months to see if the Amitriptyline will work to relieve the symptoms. All my research and discussions with my GI indicate that this esophageal condition can cause the same symptoms as GERD.

Reply Reply