It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board

• Heartburn, lower abdominal pain, diarrhea/constipation

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 08-29-2018, 12:27 AM   #1
    Fatis
    (female)

Fatis HB User
    Angry Heartburn, lower abdominal pain, diarrhea/constipation

I am at my wits end. I have been having digestive issues for about a year now. Started with a long bout of constipation whereby stools were pellet-like and hard. And then one morning I woke up feeling very tired, nauseous, with heartburn and diarrhea. Went to a doctor who ran blood and stool tests, and they all can back showing nothing. She put me on nexiam and Alsunic, suspecting gastritis. no improvement. She then did some scans, still nothing. Sent me to GI doctor for an endoscopy and colonoscopy. Nothing. She then decided to send me to a therapist because I was displaying signs of anxiety and depression, which she said could compound the problem. I was also put on a plant-based diet. It helped a lot as the heartburn disappeared and the stomach pains dulled. But Iíd still get diarrhea/constipation. I went to another doctor, who ordered a barium swallow. It came back showing mild gastritis and inflammation in the small intestine. Iíve been on antibiotics for the past week, which Iím supposed to take for two weeks, while on a bland diet. But Iím seeing no improvement. What else can I do to do away with the heartburn, which is the most bothersome of my symptoms? Please help

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-29-2018, 12:33 PM   #2
    MSNik
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
    Re: Heartburn, lower abdominal pain, diarrhea/constipation

You are only half way through the antibiotics. Stick with them until you complete the course of treatment and you should start to feel better. In the meantime, you can call your doctor who has you on the antibiotics and ask if there is anything you can take along with them for the heartburn. There are several over the counter drugs they may give you the okay to try.

Old 08-29-2018, 12:37 PM   #3
    Fatis
    (female)

Fatis HB User
    Re: Heartburn, lower abdominal pain, diarrhea/constipation

Thank you! Iím just tired of waking up to a burning chest and throat! I will definitely talk to my doctor. But do you know if having gastritis and inflammation in the stomach could lead to diarrhea/constipation

Reply Reply

Tags
    gastritis, heart burn, ibs