It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board

Trouble believing endoscopy because of symptoms ...

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-06-2018, 06:35 PM   #1
tbh8644
(male)

tbh8644 HB User
Trouble believing endoscopy because of symptoms ...

I had an endoscopy that listed the lining to my stomach apoearing normal. It did list gastritis (mild) and GERD. Gastro also took biposy to rule out h. pylori. I still have the dull daily stomach pain and am having so much trouble believing everything is fine. I'm working hard on my diet and avoiding trigger foods. Any tips?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-07-2018, 08:00 AM   #2
YaYagirl
Senior Veteran
(female)

YaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB User
Re: Trouble believing endoscopy because of symptoms ...

Dear tbh8644,

You must work on your anxiety issue. Anxiety alone disturbs the digestive system.

Do you regularly see a counselor or mental health doctor? You MUST work on your emotional health. No one can be physically free of symptoms and remain an anxiety wreck, hon.

The best thing I ever did for myself was to see a psychologist that has a reputation for helping folks get to the root of their anxiety. We have to do our emotional work. Emotions can make us physically sick.

Try researching to find a naturopath doctor that has great revues on Yelp. Even if you see the doctor every two months, he/she can help you learn how to settle yourself down. Serenity plays a huge part in digestion health.

That said, how did you change your diet? From what to what? The digestive system does not recover from abuse right away. What are you doing to help it recover?

Old 11-07-2018, 11:52 AM   #3
quincy
Senior Veteran
(female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User

What exactly are your symptoms, and when do you get the results regarding h.pylori?

Gastritis and resulting GERD is caused by dysfunction of the stomach/esophagus sphincter junction.
So, the pain you feel would be in that area....feeling like Its in the stomach (if you don't have h. Pylori)

Are you on an acid reducer such as Zantac or PPI meds?

q

Old 11-07-2018, 12:00 PM   #4
tbh8644
(male)

tbh8644 HB User

I do need to get my anxiety under control. I agree. I actually see a psych and have been seeing a therapist but it has become too expensive as she's not covered by my insurance. I'm currently eating very clean and bland. Im still doing my research but have also finally given up soda. Lots of water.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YaYagirl View Post
Dear tbh8644,

You must work on your anxiety issue. Anxiety alone disturbs the digestive system.

Do you regularly see a counselor or mental health doctor? You MUST work on your emotional health. No one can be physically free of symptoms and remain an anxiety wreck, hon.

The best thing I ever did for myself was to see a psychologist that has a reputation for helping folks get to the root of their anxiety. We have to do our emotional work. Emotions can make us physically sick.

Try researching to find a naturopath doctor that has great revues on Yelp. Even if you see the doctor every two months, he/she can help you learn how to settle yourself down. Serenity plays a huge part in digestion health.

That said, how did you change your diet? From what to what? The digestive system does not recover from abuse right away. What are you doing to help it recover?

Old 11-07-2018, 12:13 PM   #5
tbh8644
(male)

tbh8644 HB User

Symptoms are a gnawing feeling in my stomach. Getting full and bloated after meals. H. Pylori biopsy will come back in a few weeks according to the gastro office. So far today hasn't been a bad day. Also, I'm on Famotadinen 40mg.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quincy View Post
What exactly are your symptoms, and when do you get the results regarding h.pylori?

Gastritis and resulting GERD is caused by dysfunction of the stomach/esophagus sphincter junction.
So, the pain you feel would be in that area....feeling like Its in the stomach (if you don't have h. Pylori)

Are you on an acid reducer such as Zantac or PPI meds?

q

Old 11-08-2018, 04:05 AM   #6
MSNik
Senior Veteran
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User

You said that the doctor told you that you have mild gastritis and Gerd...both of those things could cause the symptoms you are describing.

Did the doctor talk to you about diet? Was the Low FODMAP diet discussed?
Whatever the doctor told you is what you should be doing...and eliminating spicy foods, foods which are high in acid and carbonation...

Call the doctor back if you were not told what to do and ask for some suggestions. Most GI doctors have nutritionists on staff or who they can refer you to for assistance.

Old 11-08-2018, 05:49 AM   #7
tbh8644
(male)

tbh8644 HB User

Doctor briefly talked about diet. No spicy, coffee, etc...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSNik View Post
You said that the doctor told you that you have mild gastritis and Gerd...both of those things could cause the symptoms you are describing. The FODMAP diet wasn't discussed. I'll have to research.

Did the doctor talk to you about diet? Was the Low FODMAP diet discussed?
Whatever the doctor told you is what you should be doing...and eliminating spicy foods, foods which are high in acid and carbonation...

Call the doctor back if you were not told what to do and ask for some suggestions. Most GI doctors have nutritionists on staff or who they can refer you to for assistance.

Reply Reply