It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board

• Acid reflux-pulled abdominal muscle

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 01-04-2019, 03:07 PM   #1
    Andy1988
    (male)

Andy1988 HB User
    Acid reflux-pulled abdominal muscle

Hey guys Iím new to this forum. I have a question Iím hoping yíall can help me answer. I have acid reflux, but very little. Back in October I was on a high antibiotic for swollen lymph nodes. 875mg I had just recently lost my uncle and I had been upset. Well I got this warm sensation in my upper center abdominal area where your esophagus meets your stomach. I got really sick so I went to bed. Well I felt well enough to roll over on my back. As I was just about to doze off I jerked my upper body forward and something moved or pulled in the Same spot where I had the warm sensation. It was tender to the touch so I thought I just pulled a muscle. I rolled over on my right side and I could feel heat coming up into my throat and mouth. My mouth started burning. That next morning I got up out of bed and went to walk, and had pressure in my chest that went all the way to my throat. I also had major discomfort in my upper abdominal area. I went to the bathroom and looked in the mirror and the inside of my mouth was blood red. Iíve had discomfort in my abdominal area ever since. It even hurt to turn or twist. Iíve had a EGD U/S CT X-Ray all were normal. Did I strain a muscle. I heard if you strain an abdominal muscle it puts strain on the valve at the end of your esophagus. I had no reflux problems before all this. Can anyone help me. My reflux has been worse ever since. Thank you

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-05-2019, 04:46 AM   #2
    MSNik
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
    Re: Acid reflux-pulled abdominal muscle

I guess you could have pulled a muscle, but that would not explain the redness. What did the GI doctor say? Did he/she put you on anything for the acid? You really need to be seen again by a GI doctor and discuss how you can be more comfortable...if you are not on a PPI, maybe you need to be- if you are, maybe your dosage needs to be adjusted. What you are describing does not sound normal and certainly sounds uncomfortable. Please make a follow up appointment and let the doctor know the shape you are in.

Old 01-11-2019, 02:28 PM   #3
    Andy1988
    (male)

Andy1988 HB User

I have a appointment scheduled with my GI doctor April 23 you donít think this could be a hernia do you? One jerk like that. All my test have come back normal. Nothing has been found. Itís strange.

Old 01-11-2019, 03:49 PM   #4
    amolpatel
    Inactive
    (male)

amolpatel HB User

A muscular strain of the rib muscles, which can happen due to trauma, coughing or pulling or twisting movements can cause pain that may be confused with pain from the diaphragm. Rib fractures can also result in this type of pain.

Old 01-11-2019, 04:17 PM   #5
    Andy1988
    (male)

Andy1988 HB User

Iím on 40mg of nexium. But when I went back to the doctor after this happened. My doctor said I should have never been on that high of an antibiotic. It was given to me by a Nurse practitioner. I felt a pop when I jerked, then I could feel the acid coming up, and thatís when everything got bad. I was having no symptoms before all this occurred. And was actually able to slowly get off of my meds with no issues. I donít know if the antibiotic messed up my gastrointestinal system or what. But like I said before all my tests are not showing anything. Iíve had everything, but a swallow test. Hoping to get another reply. Thank you

Old 01-12-2019, 02:55 PM   #6
    yayagirl
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

yayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB User

Dear Andy,

Acid reflux can cause the pain that you mentioned. It seems likely to me that stress and anxiety combined with what, when and how much you eat may be the source of your pain. If you do a search about overcoming acid reflux you may get some ideas of what you do that might be contributing to your experiences and what you might need to change.

If you do that let us know what you try and are thinking and though we can't know for sure what is going on we can give some more feedback.

Reply Reply