It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board

• Newly diagnosed GERD/LPR-worried

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 08-06-2019, 03:26 PM   #1
    Makson
    (male)

Makson HB User
    Newly diagnosed GERD/LPR-worried

I think I have had LPR for most of my life but I didn't know it until recently. It had never been detected during physical exams but my dentist recently found that I have some tooth erosion and that it is probably acid reflux. I have rarely had heartburn/esophageal pain and It was often misdiagnosed until now because my only symptoms were coughing, chest tightness, nausea.
    -I am in my mid thirties and have never been treated, could this have already caused significant problem?
    -Is the risk of Barretts esophagus and throat or esophageal cancer high? My dentist scared me when they started talking about cancer
    -Is occasional feeling of drink going down the wrong pipe a LPR symptom?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-24-2019, 10:06 PM   #2
    TEdds83
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

TEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB User
    Re: Newly diagnosed GERD/LPR-worried

Hi there! I am sorry that you have been diagnosed with this just like the rest of us. Most likely you don't have the kind of damage done to be in a position of having something severe. I think it takes awhile. I am concerned about the same things too. I had a scope last December which didn't show any damages at that point. However my LES (lower esophageal sphincter) doesn't close all the way. Now 9 months later I am really having a bad flare. I know it is scary. Try not to think the worst. Do the best you can to stay on top of it.

Old 10-12-2019, 09:02 PM   #3
    danabarb
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

danabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB User
    Re: Newly diagnosed GERD/LPR-worried

Aloe vera took care of my acid reflux. Was on one pill for it and that stopped working, so the dr. told me to take another. Did some research on the Internet and found Aloe Vera would help. Threw my pills away and can now drink coffee.

Reply Reply