It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board

• Going on the 4th year of stomach issues

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 12-19-2020, 08:08 PM   #1
    Cmulli56

Cmulli56 HB User
    Going on the 4th year of stomach issues

I知 25 years old, male, highly active, I知 a farmer which is pertained as highly stressful but I believe and others have stated that I handle stress very well. When this all started I went into urgent care with upper abdominal pain, and nausea/dizziness/fatigue.

They referred me to the GI, the doc started doing some test, blood work, poking and prodding, EGD, and I believe stool samples. The egd discovered upper stomach ulcers, and the biopsy and stool discovered H. pylori.

They prescribed me to a heavy medication to combat the ulcers and H. Pylori, then prescribed 20mg of Omeprazole once daily. Within 2 weeks I was feeling 110% and back to normal. Kept taking the omeprazole for the whole 4 years as to some heart burn here and there.

The following 6 months to a year, I started to notice bloating, and constant fullness. I go back to the same doc, she starts questioning if the H.pylori went away, or if now something is going on with my gallbladder.

We do another EGD, discover H.pylori is gone, stomach ulcers are healed, but EOS is present in the esophagus. Follow that up with an inhaler, and the same omeprazole. After that I went in for a HIDA scan. They examined that the gallbladder is working a 22% out of what she said it should be 33%. Met with a surgeon who performed the EGD and he suggested that 22% isn稚 enough to remove, the EOS must be the issues.

Follow up another 6 months, things have gotten progressively worse. Bloating, I went from a size 31 pant to a size 34-36 pant, and it痴 still very uncomfortable, constant phlegm in my throat, very aggressive dry, ticklish coughs in my throat, very short in breath, a mild pain under my lower left rib, and my stomach is hard when pushed on, extreme fatigue (the second I sit down, I can fall asleep), mild dizziness, very much discomfort and sickness after eating, a mild sickness feeling in the morning after waking up, and lots of phlegm lodged in my throat.

I finally had enough with this doctor and called my family doctor to find out that my symptoms are similar to covid and I知 not allowed to visit her, I go to urgent care. He listens to me, sends me in for blood work, and an x Ray. X Ray comes back with mild to severe amounts of stool in the intestine. He prescribed me to 40 mg of omeprazole twice daily, and milk of magnesia with drinking even more water than I do ( I easily drink a gallon a day).

Within 2-3 days, I知 feeling great. Nothing large came out like I was hoping, but I felt relieved and could finally breath and not feel winded. I finished the 7 day prescribed milk of magnesia and within another 3-4 days everything was back even worse, and now with prominent constipation of only going every 3-4 days.

I finally gave in, got in with the GI doc again, and she reviews all blood work, all allergy tests, celiac, gluten and one other. Nothing is wrong, blood work and blood pressure shows I am very healthy, she looks at gallbladder and scheduled me for another HIDA scan and wants me to take Miralax each day to help keep things moving.

But I have noticed that since taking fiber, being fussy about what I eat, that I am always feeling like I have to go to the bathroom, but when I do, maybe once or twice a day, it痴 nothing large. Very thin, and very compacted looking and sometimes lots and lots of gas movement.

I am now waiting for the test to see if this is all related to an improper working gallbladder. What do you guys think? I know this is a long post, but I知 getting worried and very frustrated here. I知 getting worried for reasons that I have a friend who was seeing a doc for severe back pain, only to find out that the doctor was missing out for his past 2 years that his body was loaded full of cancerous tumors. I no longer can do much as to it痴 getting into extreme discomfort and pain.

I have a hard time believing my gallbladder can be causing the symptoms I described above, so is it gallbladder or is this something more serious, cancerous, allergic reactions, over eating, diet, or IBS.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-05-2021, 09:16 PM   #2
    sadgirl74
    (female)

sadgirl74 HB Usersadgirl74 HB User
    Re: Going on the 4th year of stomach issues

I don't know if this helps, but I was on Prilosec for many years like six or seven possibly, I really can't remember exactly. However the Ppi type pills, like Prilosec, prevacid, nexium, etc only work for so long and have major side effects. You would have to Google them all. I had many issues on them, after getting off of them, I am doing much better, I have lost some weight, still need to lose much more to be healthy, but at least I am trying. I take pepcid at night, 20 Milligrams. I take a few tums throughout the day as needed. When I walk daily and eat smaller, healthier meals I feel much better. My weight has been a constant issue since I was in my early 20's, I am almost 47. But I am trying to move around more and am trying to burn more calories. I have esinophilic esophagitis EE for short. My spelling isn't perfect, sorry. That's food allergies in the throat. I use flovent for that. Anyhow my point is that maybe you need off the ppi's. I used zantac to get off of the Prilosec then switched to pepcid. I tapered down the Prilosec for a week or two. Then stopped and started taking zantac. See if you can find a Dr to help you with that. It might help. Prayer's.

Old 06-05-2021, 09:18 PM   #3
    sadgirl74
    (female)

Also eating an apple a day or a banana has helped me immensely with constipation. If you eat the apple, eat the skin it's supposedly where the fiber or vitamin's are at.

Old 06-15-2021, 05:09 PM   #4
    sadgirl74
    (female)

I mean to say eat the whole apple, skin included, are you doing ok

Reply Reply