It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board

• Gerd Success...well kinda

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-28-2005, 08:58 PM   #1
    ladywolf789
    (female)

ladywolf789 HB User
    Gerd Success...well kinda

Not sure if its been posted here before, but use Ginger Root Juice to make the symptoms go away. It wont cure the GERD, YOU have to find the cause of that...(usually foods, bracing, stress), but it WILL make the symptoms go away. A band-aid if you will. Buy some Ginger root at the local grocers...peel it lightly..put it through a juicer..and into a sealable jar. Put in fridge. Now every morning, right after you wake up, take 1 full teaspoon of this. (tastes like crap, but you will get used to it) Do not eat, drink, brush your teeth or put anything in your mouth for 20 minutes afterwards. Do this for 2-3 weeks. Your symptoms will be gone. You can still take your meds with this. I had the WORSE gerd ever. I thought I was having a heart attack, pain in chest back and front, couldnt breath, always yawning, tummy always burning. Anyways..it started to work after about 7 days. ALL symptoms gone. It really works! Anyways...I say kinda because after I stopped taking it after about 4 weeks, (couldnt find any ginger root!!!small town), symptoms came back in about 5 weeks. So went on presciption Zantac, and it keeps it at bay. You must however as posted above try to find and eliminate the cause of the GERD, otherwise it is a visious cycle. Remember the rules...no spice, no tomatoes, onions, garlic, you know all the good foods (lol), raise the head of the bed..blah,blah.. AND relax! Do yoga, skilled relaxation, dont clench your teeth ect... So if you need a vacation from the symptoms..try the ginger root juice. It worked for me!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-12-2005, 03:10 PM   #2
    softball12case
    (female)

softball12case HB User
    Wink Re: Gerd Success...well kinda

Hi there ladywolf,
    I was just curious as to what kind of grocery stores carry the ginger root juice. Would it be held in stores like Stater Bros or Albertsons, can you please help? I have heard good things about this. Thanks and have a good weekend.

Old 05-27-2005, 06:41 AM   #3
    gmoreno70
    (male)

gmoreno70 HB User
    Re: Gerd Success...well kinda

Ladywolf789,

You mentioned in your last reply that you've experienced frequent yawning with your other gerd symptoms. I'd like to hear more. I haven't found anyone else who also experiences this. Sometimes I find myself yawning about 4-5 times withing a few minutes. The upsetting thing is that sometimes it feels kind of difficult to swallow after about yawn #3 or 4. I hope this doesn't sound odd. Another question how long does the giner hold for in the fridge. Thanks

Closed Thread