It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board

• Is It Possible This Is Gerd???

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-18-2005, 10:03 PM   #1
    TexasWildRose04
    Veteran
    (female)

TexasWildRose04 HB User
    Is It Possible This Is Gerd???

I am just curious to find out if someone can tell me if this could possibly be GERD.....

I have a pain in my chest kinda on the left side under my breast kinda like under my ribs... and I can also press on my stomach right at the base of my sternum (breast bone in the center kinda at the top of my stomach) and it is uncomfortable when I press there...the pain in my chest comes and goes... sometimes it hurts in my arm too.....The pain also feels like it is comming up in my throat.. not really a burning feeling, but almost like a knot in my throat.....I do have a history of heartburn and acid reflux....

Went to the ER on July 8 12:30 am with serious chest pains, and other symptoms like confusion, dizzyness...my color was off... glazed over eyes...stumbling..... slurred speech... They did CHEST XRAYS...BLOOD WORK.... EKG.... & CAT SCAN All NORMAL...the ER doc said it was not my heart... he narrowed it down to be a buildup of the medications I am on....and my body basically not tolerating them anymore....the pains had stopped for a while...then this past Friday I noticed the pains had returned on and off...

My question is from the description and location of my pain, does this sound like it cold be contributed to GERD or some other stomach problem???

Thanks Alot.

TRose

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-20-2005, 07:05 PM   #2
    Folksoul
    (female)

Folksoul HB User
    Re: Is It Possible This Is Gerd???

Well, I had the same symptoms as you. I especially get the pain in my chest, on the left side.
    The first time ( a year ago) I went to the doctor for that pain and he said it was arthritis in my chest, I was kind of weirded out. He said for me to take ibuprofin and it would go away. It did, but later on, I started feeling this horrible pain under my sternum, and it felt like there was a lump in my throat. I was then diagnosed with GERD. So, what i'm saying really is that it's possible, I experience a lot of the same things you've described. I would go talk to your doctor though, see what he/she says, and if u don't trust it ..get a second opinion. Hopefully you start feeling better soon

Closed Thread