It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board

• Constant Burping

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-26-2005, 05:57 PM   #1
    burpingguy
    (male)

burpingguy HB User
    Constant Burping

I've been working on GERD related problems for five years now, without a lot of luck. It started out with being laid off from work, a dry caugh that would not go away for months, then asthma/shortness of breath/panic/anxiety. Docs gave me asthma medicine which helped a bit but never really worked fully. Then the acid started coming up and causing heartburn (about a year after the first symptoms showed up). Moved on to Rinitadine for acid and it worked much better and cured the asthma (the acid fluids/vapors were causing that apparently). However, throughout much of this, I have had spells of constant burping and bloating from gas (source?) in my esophagus that also pushes on my heart/lungs and causes my blood pressure to rise to uncomfortable levels (light headedness, etc.). I also get muscle cramps in the neck and scalp and they got worse during stressful things (driving) and went away almost completely when relaxing at parties or being on vacation (even driving on vacation!). I'm now on Protonix which works better than Rinitadine but doesn't do anything for the burping and bloating. I'm also trying out Lexapro for anxiety but it doesn't seem to do much yet (it's been two weeks) other than having removed my scalp muscle tension). I've had an upper GI, a barium swallow, an ultrasound, blood tests, etc. Everything came up negative for ulcers, cancer, etc. However, an endoscopy from my GI doctor revealed a "loose" upper esophageal sphincter. That's well and fine but what made it loose after 25 years of life? I've never had any of these problems before. Anybody else out there with constant burping?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread