It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board

• anybody feel better after they eat?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-17-2005, 03:58 PM   #1
    fishertimm
    (male)

fishertimm HB User
    anybody feel better after they eat?

I am soo frustrated by this. About 3-4 hours after I eat, the burn starts. My stomach starts to grumble and make weird sounds then I get the chest pain, pain below the sternum, bad in the back and down my arm. I have had ekg so I know its the acid reflux. Weird thing is, if I eat, it gets better. Don't understand this at all. Eating rolaid or even Pepcin complete really helps but I don't like mixing all these things. I am on Protonix 40mg 2/day and I don't think its working at all since I seem to be getting worse instead of better. I finally get to see my Dr. Friday (had my scope last Monday) and find out what the byopsy results are (keep your fingers crossed for me that its nothing bad!). Hopefully he can answer some of this for me. Does anybody else feel better after eatering? And what does that mean?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-17-2005, 04:13 PM   #2
    cbsnana
    (female)

cbsnana HB User
    Re: anybody feel better after they eat?

Yes, Fisher....i Do Have The Same Thing. I've Had Gerd For Years And Have Been Able To Control It With Meds....however, From Time To Time.....had Problems With Chest Pain Right In The Middle Of My Chest.

Recently, I've Been Having That Same Pain In My Chest And Some Bowel Problems.... But The Chest Pain Is Worse And Lasts All Day If I Don't Cover It With Gaviscon After Every Meal And At Bedtime. The Funny Thing Is.....if I Can Belch Or Pass Gas Or Have Diarreah...the Chest Pain Goes Away....makes Me Think It's Trapped Gas.

I'm Having A Colonoscopy And Egd (scope) In The A.m....in Fact I'm Running Back And Forth From The Bathroom As We Speak. I'll Let You Know What They Find Out.

Old 08-17-2005, 04:16 PM   #3
    fishertimm
    (male)

fishertimm HB User
    Re: anybody feel better after they eat?

thanks cb, let me know what you find out please. My Dr. is sooo hard to get ahold of. I pester the snot out of them just trying to figure out what is going on with me. I too have mud butt (and it burns sometimes) most of the time now especially when having an attack. Thats probably why pepcid complete is working for me because it also deals with gas.

Closed Thread