It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board

• Gerd Testimonial - Success (some what)

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-23-2005, 09:20 AM   #1
    darock_sayz
    (male)

darock_sayz HB User
    Gerd Testimonial - Success (some what)

Folks,

My wife has struggled with Acid Reflux over the last 10 years, over the last 5 has tired every med and was taking 40mg Panatoloc a day. When seeing her doctor there was no hiatial hernia, but just symptoms that caused reflux. Last Winter, she developed a reflux related cough for 3 months and Dr. doubled her Pantaloc dose, at that point I suspected the PPI's were not working and excessive. I did know she was under alot of stress - so I made a conclusion that her reflux did have a connection to stress.

We went to see a naturapath dr. to discuss this. She told us basically 2 types of stress, physical and food stress. When u eat foods you are allergic to that causes your body stress and this can be compounded with physical stress causing reflux and a whole sort of medical problems (leaky guy syndrome) We'll she did a very expensive ($400) food allergy test and results were shocking, my wife had developed all sorts of sensitiviteis to foods some from birth and some devloped. She was put on a meal plan to avoid all these foods for 1 year, after 1 month in no reflux, no meds, sleeping through the night...noticable difference! - Unfortunalty she was only able to keep this up for 4 months and broke down....started losing too much weight because she had a ton of food allergies and stopped - it was the toughest diet in the world, I give her credit for 4 months. However, now she is able to somewhat recognize foods that bother her like wheat and diary were the bigs ones, garlic..etc.. She is doing fine now, no drugs, only a couple occurances of reflux but we know it will probably come back. Anyways it has provided a hope rather than stuffing yourself with PPIs'.

My conclusion - this is a stress related order (google: slient relaxation and reflux) Lifestyle changes can help improve your symptoms and even eliminate. I think this might be a uesful avenue for those of you to explore if you are really getting frustrated!

Good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-24-2005, 07:39 PM   #2
    mymeka
    (female)

mymeka HB User
    Re: Gerd Testimonial - Success (some what)

Has your wife ever been tested for Celiac disease?

Lori

Closed Thread