It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board

• Question for Gerd sufferers

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-01-2005, 07:15 AM   #1
    Dianam
    (female)

Dianam HB User
    Question for Gerd sufferers

Hi there you poor fellow sufferers..I was wondering if anyone can advise me on a couple of questions..I have a hiatal hernia and suffer from acid reflux for which I am taking nexium, 40mg daily..I am currently suffering from inflamed joints due to spondolosis in my neck ..questionable TMJ..and arthritis in my knees..I was told it is not advisable to take anti-inflammotory tablets (ie ibuprophen) as they could upset my stomach and worsen my gerd symptoms..my question is what can I take to bring down the inflammation in my joints to lessen the pain..also I am 43 years old and perimenopausal I am told..I have not had a period in 9 months..I do think this is contributing to my joint pain.. I feel I should be taking some form of supplement on a daily basis for my bones but again Im told calcium tablets can affect my gerd symptoms so I really am at a loss as to what to take to help me ..I live in the UK so medication I can obtain here or the equivalent would be helpful although any advice would be gratefully received either through your own experiences or gained in knowledge
    thanks for listening
    take care all
    Dianam

Last edited by Dianam; 10-01-2005 at 07:19 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-01-2005, 08:10 PM   #2
    mymeka
    (female)

mymeka HB User
    Re: Question for Gerd sufferers

Dianam,

Like you, I have been diagosed with a small hiatal hernia, and reflux and my Gastroenterologist prescribed Nexium, 40 mg, once a day, which has helped.

I take 1,000 milligrams of Calcium daily, and they do not affect my reflux, however, I take them dispersed throughout the day and ONLY after a meal (breakfast, lunch and dinner).

Also, for any aches and pains, my Dr. said it is safe to take Tylenol without affecting my stomach.

Best of luck,

Lori

Old 10-02-2005, 05:23 AM   #3
    Dianam
    (female)

Dianam HB User
    Re: Question for Gerd sufferers

Hi Lori ..sorry you are suffering the same way as me ..thanks for that info ..I will try calcium tablets ..it makes sense to buy a low dosage tablet and take it more often I hadnt thought about that..I will also try the tylenol too..I have just had esophigitis and I was wary of trying anything to upset my gerd I didnt want that kind of pain again..but now Im suffering with my joints so I guess you have to treat what ails you the most at the time!..such is life ..lol
    take care
    Dianam

Closed Thread