It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board

• Please help! How bad is my GERD?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-15-2005, 01:00 PM   #1
    molly975
    (female)

molly975 HB User
    Unhappy Please help! How bad is my GERD? I'm begging!!!

Hi,

I have posted in the past about my anxiety about my GERD. There is not a day that goes by (sometimes even hours) that I do not think about it, because I feel something going on (burning, pressure, etc).

I'm hoping that if I post my endoscopy results, someone can give me a true handle on how bad my situation is:

Endoscopy showed Grade 2 esophagitis (no ulcerations), moderate gastritis in body and antrum only.

Path report: gastric antrum - focal chronic inflammation, h pylori not present on H&E as well as Special Stain
    duodenum - mild chronic inflammation
    distal esophagus - gastric type mucosa. no goblet cell metaplasia on H&E stain as well as on acian blue/pas

Am I overreacting? I keep thinking every time I feel a burn, I am developing Barrett's or cancer. I take 20 mg aciphex daily.

I never felt as bad as I do now that I am on PPIs as I did when I was diagnosed. I know stress doesn't help, so I am hoping for some realistic feedback on my diagnosis.

Thank you to anyone who takes the time to respond.

Molly

Last edited by molly975; 11-15-2005 at 02:32 PM. Reason: error

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-18-2005, 09:35 PM   #2
    warrenpoint
    (female)

warrenpoint HB User
    Re: Please help! How bad is my GERD?

Please try Raw Apple cider vinegar for GERD. I have started it about two weeks ago and I have had relief beyond belief!! Go to the threads above and see the one that says "There is a cure for heartburn". This was started by member AJAS and I have posted there too. Hope it helps because I know it can depress you as your mind thinks of all kinds of things that could be wrong.

Old 11-19-2005, 10:42 AM   #3
    Jewels60
    (female)

Jewels60 HB User

Oh my! I have GERD pretty bad at the moment and I tried the apple cider vinegar and it did not help. Maybe if you have an acute imflamation this isn't such a good idea. I am taking Prilosec 2x a day along with Zantac 2x a day. Maybe when it settles down a bit, I'll give it another try..
    BUT, we are all different!

Old 11-19-2005, 06:09 PM   #4
    2003__SusieQ

2003__SusieQ HB User

Apple Cider Vinegar makes mine worse. Yuck.

Old 11-20-2005, 09:16 PM   #5
    warrenpoint
    (female)

warrenpoint HB User

Have you tried the RAW apple cider vinegar which you get from a vitamin store. I tried the reg. ap.c.v. and it did not help, but this one from the GnC store works for me. Worth a try.

Old 11-21-2005, 05:19 AM   #6
    DevSpartacus
    (male)

DevSpartacus HB User

Raw apple cider vinegar only works if you have to little acid.

Last edited by DevSpartacus; 11-21-2005 at 05:20 AM.

Old 11-21-2005, 06:31 AM   #7
    molly975
    (female)

molly975 HB User

Thanks to everyone for your responses. I'm definitely working on the anxiety part, but it is definitely difficult.

I have not tried the ACV. Too scary. I saw a picture of a woman's endoscopy online who swallowed a fish bone and drank vinegar in hopes to dissolve it and ended up with corrosive esophagitis. So I think I'll pass, but thanks for the suggestions!

Old 11-23-2005, 02:21 PM   #8
    Linda_in_NJ
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Linda_in_NJ HB User

Molly just read your post today and believe me when I say I wish my report was a good as yours. It seems you have mild GERD, as it says with the infammed esophagus but start taking PPI's so the acid stays down.
    Try avoiding foods that contain acids, like chocolate, sauces, citric juices, etc. Keep going for your endo's. Probably every 2 or 3 years is good.
    My GERD has turned into Barretts esophagus which is not good. So please take care of yourself and most importantly, your report is not bad at all.

Old 11-25-2005, 07:00 PM   #9
    convncer
    (male)

convncer HB User

I have GERD (Maybe) and hyper-senseative esophagus.. I use Zegerid.. I have tried them all and this works. I also had problems with my Gallbladder and had that removed and feel great.. Stress can cause your reflux. Ask your doc to give you some xanax.. Trust me you will feel great..

Closed Thread