It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board

• spasm's in esophagus

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-22-2005, 09:13 AM   #1
    spider37
    Veteran
    (female)

spider37 HB User
    spasm's in esophagus

i went for a barium swallow today and now i have spasm's im my esophagus. did anyone else ever get this diagnoses and can you tell me more about it cause my cheast is killing me. feel's like i have some grabing my heart and squeezing hurt's all the time. and does anyone know what the treatment is for it? ok did some reading on this. and i guess this is supposed to kind of a rare condtion it affects the whole esophagus even the les.from what i read there is no cure but now at least i know why i have heart burn finally after four years i know that i will never get better.

Last edited by spider37; 11-22-2005 at 05:50 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-23-2005, 05:48 PM   #2
    Harry
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User
    Re: spasm's in esophagus

Spasms and cramping are usually caused by a lack of magnesium in your muscles. Magnesium is in every cell of your body and 67% of it is in your bones. You can get a blood a screeening test for magnesium.

It is also needed for calcium absorption. I suggest that you start taking a Calcium/Magnesium supplement several times daily to increase the absorption. Taking it all in one dose will only help you absorb less than 10% of what you take. The recommended daily allowance is 400 gm.

For immediate relief you may want to try--- The best homeopathic remedy for muscle spasms/ cramping --- Magnesia Phos. --- and you can buy it at a health food store. It will relieve spasms in about 30 minutes and can be repeated and taken as needed. But, it does not solve the basic problem of a lack of magnesium at the cellular level.

Let us know how you make out?

I wish you well~~~Harry

Old 11-23-2005, 05:56 PM   #3
    Harry
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User

Another thing -- it is estimated that 80% of people are magnesium deficient even though magnesium is in alot of different food. And, 1 alcoholic drink increases the magnesium in your next urination--- 5 times (500%).
    So, it is relatively easy to become deficient !!

Old 11-23-2005, 06:32 PM   #4
    spider37
    Veteran
    (female)

spider37 HB User

unfortunatly im alleric to Magnesium medications. so i don't know if taking Magnesium pill's is the thing i should be doing. i don't drink alcohol at all cause i can't im in pain every day. my surgery was supposed to help but only made thing's worse had the nissan fundo and i still have heartburn. and a whole bunch of other problem's on top of the heartburn that i didn't have before the surgery. thanks for the reply and trying to help

Old 11-23-2005, 10:29 PM   #5
    Harry
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Spider,
    You have to be able to intake magnesium some how --- you just can't live without it.

I suggest you look at the Micronutrient Information Center at Linus Pauling Inst.

Go to Google at the top of this page and search for-- lpi.oregonstate.*** on the Web and read about magesium and what all it does in the body!!

The homeopathic remedies have no side effects at 30X and below-- they still haven't figured out how they work since it contains no magnesium above Avagadro's number-- which is 6.23 times 10 to the 23 power.
    They should work-- my experience of 35 years.

I wish you well~~~Harry

Old 11-24-2005, 04:21 AM   #6
    spider37
    Veteran
    (female)

spider37 HB User

i will talk to my doctor about it the 2 time's i was given magnesium med's i had a bad alleric reaction to them i couldn't breath but i will check with the doctor's and see what they say i will also do a search

Old 11-24-2005, 07:55 PM   #7
    SWTE
    (female)

SWTE HB User

Do a search on Google under "esophageal motility disorders" maybe you will find some answers there....

Closed Thread