It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board

• "Trouble Swallowing? doc says its the acid reflux burning throat?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-21-2005, 01:40 PM   #1
    jennyVee
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

jennyVee HB UserjennyVee HB User
    Exclamation "Trouble Swallowing? doc says its the acid reflux burning throat?

Hi guys I have had trouble swallowing for 2 months, its been horrible I havent been eating solid foods, an yesterday the ENT doc told me that he thinks the acid reflux i have is causing me to have trouble swallowing?? a condition called Laryngeal Pharyngeal Reflux he says the acid burns my throat and it makes it fee really uncomfortable, anyway i have been on ensure for 2 months.

I just came from my gastro doc he says he will stretch my esophagus again, he did that last month and it didnt help, also sent me for a neck ultrasound

he also gave me acidphex and a muscle relaxer, i am just wondering how long it will take to get better since i am started the meds today? any advice I am dying to eat as you can imagine.

Last edited by jennyVee; 12-21-2005 at 02:02 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-02-2006, 05:47 PM   #2
    Waynoiam
    (male)

Waynoiam HB User
    Re: "Trouble Swallowing? doc says its the acid reflux burning throat?

Hey I am right there with ya... Been almost 9 months and i am still having trouble swallowing food.. I was on nothing but protein drinks and yogurt for over 2 months.. and then slowly was able to get some food down. Had every test in the book.. MRI of brain to see if i had a stroke.. went to a neurologist where I had a bunch more test to rule out things... The only thing they found was that I had acid reflux and it must be the cause.. the Dr's hope that was it. What tests have they sent ya for?? Any Dr giving you a time when you should be better by?? Did you have a video swallow study done???

Closed Thread