It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board

• Reglan??

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-14-2006, 11:10 AM   #1
    Andra31
    (female)

Andra31 HB User
    Reglan??

Does anyone on here have good luck or bad with reglan?? They gave it to me in the ER and I had some weird side effects but am not sure if they were caused by the reglan or the toroldol they gave me.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-14-2006, 01:31 PM   #2
    gnznroses
    (male)

gnznroses HB User
    Re: Reglan??

i was prescribed reglan. never took it. read too much about it. lots of bad experiences on another heartburn forum i visit. some people have no bad effects, but some feel too tired to even move, get really depressed, etc. one person's daughter also got a muscle disease from it, which you can read about at reglanlawsuit.com (i think it is). i know i won't take it, but like i said, some people, people i know even, take it with no problem.

Old 02-14-2006, 06:21 PM   #3
    taape
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

taape HB Usertaape HB User

I was given Reglan after surgery once and it seemed to help me from being so dizzy and nauseious but I don't think I could tolerate regularly. I didn't notice any side effects just from that one time.

Old 02-14-2006, 07:16 PM   #4
    BrendaB
    (female)

BrendaB HB User

I was prescribed it a while back but got dead tired. Now I just take one at bedtime. Helps with digestion and I don't notice the tiredness since I'm sleeping anyway!

Old 02-14-2006, 09:15 PM   #5
    Andra31
    (female)

Andra31 HB User

BrendaB,
    Did it help with your nausea? Also do you also take PPI's with it? I have been soooo nauseous and am scared to take it because of all the side effects. So you don't have any side effects from it just being tired? Thanks so much for your response. I am going to lay down and pray I will feel better. I am going to a Doctor in Loma Linda next week.
    Andra

Old 02-15-2006, 07:13 PM   #6
    BrendaB
    (female)

BrendaB HB User

Andra,
    I used to have nausea all the time and would get full after just a few bites of food. I rarely have that problem anymore. Is it the Reglan or the combination of PPI's (twice a day Prilosec), diet, Reglan, etc.? I can't say. I don't notice any side effects with just taking one Reglan at night. This is what my dr. recommended after I reported side effects taking it during the day. Keep praying - eat right, experiment with meds., try to relax, and I'm sure you'll be feeling better soon.
    Brenda

Old 02-17-2006, 08:53 PM   #7
    Andra31
    (female)

Andra31 HB User

Brenda,
    Thank you so much for your advice! I have had 3 good days now without feeling nauseous! I owe this to God. I have not had to take any meds for it now just my Nexium. I am going to see a doctor in Loma Linda next week. So we will see what they say and I will let you know. I can't stand the nausea. So how long have you been taking your PPI's and reglan? I follow a strict diet and only weigh now 127 I lost 20 lbs since Nov. I started drinking Boost every now and then because I don't feel I am getting the nutrients I need. So will we have to live on these PPI's forever?? I am still trying to get my insurance to pay for my Nexium. I have been living off of samples from my doctor. Thanks for all your input,
    Andra

Old 02-27-2006, 08:06 PM   #8
    BrendaB
    (female)

BrendaB HB User

Andra,
    How was your dr. appt.? Are you feeling any better? To answer some of your last questions - I've been on PPI's for about 3 years. When I'm feeling good I cut back on the dosage, but then have flare ups and go heavy duty again. I was told that you are never "cured" of GERD, you just learn how to manage it.

If your insurance won't cover Nexium, try Prilosec OTC - you can buy it anywhere and it's basically the same thing as Nexium.

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thansgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:6-7

-Brenda

Closed Thread