It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board

• Is this gerd or more serious

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-09-2006, 10:47 AM   #1
    LLA1982

LLA1982 HB User
    Is this gerd or more serious

My husband has trouble after he eats - he gets sick, starts coughing & usually throws up. He has a continous drainage problem that has gone on since he can remember. But he has coughed so much the past few weeks because of the drainage that he said it is making his chest hurt even more than usual. Normally it's just a dull pain he said. But now he said he fells like something in there is hurt - like he may have pulled a muscle or something like that. His mother, and grandmother - have acid reflux and they are the ones that have told him they think he has gerd. His father had a drainage/sinus problem that caused him to cough up lots & lots of mucus in the morning when he first woke up - my husband does this also. But now he gets so bad that he does it for a good hour or so in the morning when he wakes up and then after he eats. I have looked gerd up on the net and have my husband seems to have many of the symptoms -but the fact that his chest hurts so much - he thinks from coughing so hard - really worries me. Do you think that if it's gerd that it could be bothering him so much that he cough so hard to where he has hurt something in his chest. I just wanted to see if someone here could give me some advise for him - he is planning on going to the doctor tomorrow- that is the 1st day off he has had since last week - so he is always restrained for time -but he has had this cough for over a year now & it has gotten better and then gotten worse. I notice it more when he works 12 hr shifts @ work -early in the morning till late @ night- he comes home we eat & then he goes to bed- which if he has gerd - this is not a good thing to do - I wonder if some of the pain in his chest could be from stress he is a child care worker (he works with abandoned, neglected & abused kids) in which he has to restrain them @ times - and I wonder if his excessive activity like that could have something to do with it. He is normally not bothered by anything when he plays b-ball or anything like that with them.
    Sorry this is so long - I just wanted to see if someone on here could help me out- thanks so much and any feed-back would be greatly appreciated !!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-10-2006, 10:16 AM   #2
    ADGrant
    (male)

ADGrant HB User
    Re: Is this gerd or more serious

Quote:
    Originally Posted by LLA1982
    My husband has trouble after he eats - he gets sick, starts coughing & usually throws up. He has a continous drainage problem that has gone on since he can remember. But he has coughed so much the past few weeks because of the drainage that he said it is making his chest hurt even more than usual. Normally it's just a dull pain he said. But now he said he fells like something in there is hurt - like he may have pulled a muscle or something like that. His mother, and grandmother - have acid reflux and they are the ones that have told him they think he has gerd. His father had a drainage/sinus problem that caused him to cough up lots & lots of mucus in the morning when he first woke up - my husband does this also. But now he gets so bad that he does it for a good hour or so in the morning when he wakes up and then after he eats. I have looked gerd up on the net and have my husband seems to have many of the symptoms -but the fact that his chest hurts so much - he thinks from coughing so hard - really worries me. Do you think that if it's gerd that it could be bothering him so much that he cough so hard to where he has hurt something in his chest. I just wanted to see if someone here could give me some advise for him - he is planning on going to the doctor tomorrow- that is the 1st day off he has had since last week - so he is always restrained for time -but he has had this cough for over a year now & it has gotten better and then gotten worse. I notice it more when he works 12 hr shifts @ work -early in the morning till late @ night- he comes home we eat & then he goes to bed- which if he has gerd - this is not a good thing to do - I wonder if some of the pain in his chest could be from stress he is a child care worker (he works with abandoned, neglected & abused kids) in which he has to restrain them @ times - and I wonder if his excessive activity like that could have something to do with it. He is normally not bothered by anything when he plays b-ball or anything like that with them.
    Sorry this is so long - I just wanted to see if someone on here could help me out- thanks so much and any feed-back would be greatly appreciated !!!
    He needs to see a Doctor.

Closed Thread