It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board

• Nausea - gerd or something else?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-27-2006, 12:00 PM   #1
    Bilbobeth
    (female)

Bilbobeth HB User
    Nausea - gerd or something else?

Can anyone tell me if nausea is one of the chief symptoms of acid reflux please? I am nauseated from morning til night which in turn is causing other symtoms for me. I do get occasional chest pain (behind the sternum and stomach areas). I also have right lung pain (people seem to keep saying the left??), right shoulder and arm pain, occasional sore throat, shaking fits (lung acid?). nausea seems to be my chief most debilitating symptom. Is nausea more likely with certain gastric disorders like ulcers or specific disorders of the oesophagus and/or stomach? I'd be interested to know your thoughts on this. I have endoscopy soon so all will be revealed but until then the more I read about gerd the more I realise theres much more to my problem than Gerd (I think!)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-28-2006, 03:32 PM   #2
    angeleyes4458
    (female)

angeleyes4458 HB User
    Re: Nausea - gerd or something else?

Hi,
    If You Are Taking Prevacid I Just Went To The Website And Nausea Is A Side Affect. Also Have You Ever Had Your Gallbladder Checked. Just A Thought. Hope You Feel Better Soon. Cheryl

Old 04-29-2006, 01:19 AM   #3
    Bilbobeth
    (female)

Bilbobeth HB User

Thanks for the reply.
    I am getting a bit worried that this is not receiving many replies. I havent had my gallbladder checked but am having endoscopy soon. The nausea is all day long no hold up. I am just worried that its a lot worse than GERD. Anyone else??

Old 04-29-2006, 05:24 AM   #4
    angeleyes4458
    (female)

angeleyes4458 HB User

You Are Very Welcome. Did You Have These Problems Before Taking The Meds? If Not The Meds Could Be Causing All Your Problems. Cheryl

Old 04-30-2006, 02:18 AM   #5
    Bilbobeth
    (female)

Bilbobeth HB User

I am still nauseus every single day! Every morning I wake up wanting to heave but am never sick. I laways have a lump of stuff in my throat too that wont come up and wont go down.This goes on until mid afternoon when I get some relief and then it comes back on and off in the evening. I have pain in my right lung area every day unless my back is supported then it hurts less. I have a deep gnawing feeling in my stomach area and the point at the top where the ribcage meets in the chest is sore sometimes. I am weak and very fatigued. I get skipping heartbeats, headaches but the nausea is driving me crazy. Could this be gallbladder? Ulcer?
    I have had iBS for years and am chronically constipated right now.

Would love to hear if anyone else has this all day nausea and did they find out what it was?
    thanks

Old 04-30-2006, 03:11 PM   #6
    angeleyes4458
    (female)

angeleyes4458 HB User

Hi,

I Wish I Could Help You It May All Be From Your Meds. I Was Told First I Had Pharyngitis, Then Sinus Drainage, Glossits And Then Glossitis And Thrush And Got The Thrush Back And Now Acid Reflux. But The Taste Buds Are Still Inflamed. Good Luck. Wish You The Best. Cheryl

Closed Thread