It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board

• Organic apple cider vingear for GERD...

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-18-2006, 10:43 PM   #1
    sweetpeav8
    (female)

sweetpeav8 HB User
    Re: Organic apple cider vingear for GERD..

Will the Organic ACV make the lump in my throat go away also? I am 4 months pregnant and in AGONY!! This lump in my throat just came on a few days ago and now the burning is about to kill me. Since I am preggo I want to be extra careful about not putting any drugs into my body (prilosec etc) so I am trying to find a natural cure for this ... and FAST!!
    Thanks for the help!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-20-2006, 05:42 PM   #2
    scoot
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

scoot HB User

just checking in again - re: my progress...

i've been using the racv for 4 weeks. although it is keeping most heartburn at bay very effectively, the old sensation of a slimey lump way down at the bottom of my throat returned a couple days ago and is still there. i'm not sure what to do - if it might go away on its own or if i have to start taking nexium again. anyone know if this may be just a temporary flare-up? btw, my eating habits havent changed so its not a diet-related thing.

thnx

Old 06-20-2006, 06:24 PM   #3
    Given2Fly
    (male)

Given2Fly HB User

It seems to work best for certain people with certain symptoms. For me, antacids don't work, the prevecid just makes me nausuas(sp?), and I don't suffer from heartburn. I was diagnosed Atypical Reflux, and mostly suffer from what feel like gasses bubling up my throat and settling right near the top of my throat. It doesn't matter what I eat, this happens quite frequently and has been constant the last week or so.

I just wanted to see others successes or failures with this that have similar syptoms to mine, as I will try anything.

Old 07-06-2006, 11:01 AM   #4
    KSManinCO
    (male)

KSManinCO HB User
    Re: Organic apple cider vingear for GERD...

Given2Fly:

My doc labelled mine atypical as well. (Keep in mind he's a GP, not a GI doc)

I don't have the burny feeling or the chest tightening, simply the bad taste in my mouth and the trouble breathing. I still think the trouble breathing is psychosomatic for me. Because right when it happens I get this warm icky feeling and cold sweats. I also get a bubbly popping noise at the top of my throat. With mouth closed I can feel it, with it open others can actually hear it.

I've tried ACV in the past, My parents called their mix, Jogger in a Jug (from Prevention magazine I think). And it helped with my muscle aches, but I haven't tried it for my reflux episodes... I think once I get the stress under control, if this doesn't pass, I'm on the ACV track too...

Old 07-06-2006, 02:07 PM   #5
    backslide05
    Veteran
    (female)

backslide05 HB User
    Re: Organic apple cider vingear for GERD...

Ive been on the organic apple cider vinegar for a couple weeks and have noticed that I'm doing a little better. My symptoms are throat and tongue burning, belching and feeling full; I don't have heartburn though, just weird pains sometimes in my chest (gas?). I'm also taking DGL licorice and aloe vera, and have noticed that I'm doing pretty well, better than when I was on Prevacid.
    I only recently experienced the lump in the throat and trouble swallowing, but that went away. Sometimes I have trouble breathing or catching my breath, and I find taking a brisk walk helps with that. Those are my suggestions.

Closed Thread