It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board

• Chest bone sore and ribs etc

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-19-2006, 01:57 PM   #1
    Outlaw1979
    (male)

Outlaw1979 HB User
    Chest bone sore and ribs etc

I have anxiety,and I had my last EGD done umm 2 months and half ago it showed a minor 5mm erosion in the area of the Cardia..
    I was thinking maybe the pains I was getting was getting was Chrondotis from the muscle tension of gerd..

The pain is tender to the touch most of the time that being said my chest plate in the middle hurts to post sides,and where it seperates..Its a nice little ache,im wondering if its Gerd related or what..My G.I is out till tuesday..I had heart tests done the following echo,stress test,and stress echo done with in the last year and half or so.Im 27 yo,but the pain is bothersome maybe im sleeping goofy etc its been on and off for months..Anyone relate??
    OuTlAw

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-19-2006, 02:42 PM   #2
    tm3912

tm3912 HB User
    Re: Chest bone sore and ribs etc

I'n no expert by any means, If the area is tender to the touch I don't believe it is from the gerd but more than likely Chondritis. Does it hurt when you take a deep breath? If it does it is more than likely chondritis.

However many of us have had the pain under the sternum that burns and aches and hurts but, at least in my case, it doesn't hurt to the touch. Hope this helps.

(Take a pain killer that you can tolerate and if it goes away it probably is chondritis)

Old 07-19-2006, 11:00 PM   #3
    Outlaw1979
    (male)

Outlaw1979 HB User
    Re: Chest bone sore and ribs etc

Yeah but it dosent hurt when I breathe as such..I do get a burning pain but I think that is the damage my erosion they found..Sometimes its scattered throughtout my chest though..HMMM confused..sometimes it aches after I pick up stuff i dunno..

Closed Thread