It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board

• Fluttering Stomach and PVC's

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-13-2006, 10:03 AM   #1
    Mike137100
    (male)

Mike137100 HB User
    Fluttering Stomach and PVC's

Hello,

I am new to these boards. I been reading for the last few weeks. I also was Dx with GERD last year. I was on Nexium but after awhile I started having side effects from it. I stopped using Nexium and use Gaviscon when needed.

Lately I been having a fluttering feeling in my stomach. Last week I actually went to the ER turned out to be having a Panic attack. This year this GERD has really risen my anxiety level. While I was hooked up to the heart monitor, I noticed that every time my stomach fluttered, a PVC would register on the monitor. I only notice these fluttering while I am relaxing watching TV or in bed. I thought PVC's were felt in chest.

I also been suffering from a sinus infection. Went to a ENT, looked and said everything was clear gave me Nasonex and sent me on my way. Anyone with GERD have problems with their sinuses? It is very annoying to walk around with pressure in my head.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-13-2006, 10:11 AM   #2
    backslide05
    Veteran
    (female)

backslide05 HB User
    Re: Fluttering Stomach and PVC's

it seems like Gerd/LPR, and sinus symptoms are often connected.
    I have both and don't know which causes which, or what came first
    but the reflux causes me a lot of issues above my neck, nose, ears, headaches, sinus drainage then sets off the reflux, and back up we go
    it seems like a vicious circle
    I've also had the heart palps and anxiety attacks, but now that I know what is causing it I feel more in control and don't let it "get to me" as much and that has helped me through them.
    i wish you well

Old 08-13-2006, 11:56 AM   #3
    Mike137100
    (male)

Mike137100 HB User

Thanks for the quick response. Sometimes I don't know if it is the anxiety causing the reflux or the reflux causing the anxiety. It is a real pain.

Old 08-22-2006, 09:54 AM   #4
    Jimy1M
    (male)

Jimy1M HB User

I have had those exact symptoms and went to the emergency room to see the same thing. PVC's show up every 5-10 beats and it feels like fluttering arround my asophogus. In fact I am feeling it now - I get them after I eat I've noticed and sometimes they last all day and into the night. I also have a sinus issue. Its difficult when the doctors consider it like hiccups or a migrain. They don't treat PVC's associated acid reflux with much then telling you to try to confrol them yourself. I relate to how frusturating it is. You feel like you can't go out or your heart will give out and everytime they come anxiety causes adrenaline to make them worse - drives me crazy. I do have anxiety disiorder but these symptoms of acid reflux and heart pvc's seem extremely real hard to tell myself to calm down.

Jimy 32 - Brooklyn

Old 08-22-2006, 12:21 PM   #5
    Mike137100
    (male)

Mike137100 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jimy1M
    I have had those exact symptoms and went to the emergency room to see the same thing. PVC's show up every 5-10 beats and it feels like fluttering arround my asophogus. In fact I am feeling it now - I get them after I eat I've noticed and sometimes they last all day and into the night. I also have a sinus issue. Its difficult when the doctors consider it like hiccups or a migrain. They don't treat PVC's associated acid reflux with much then telling you to try to confrol them yourself. I relate to how frusturating it is. You feel like you can't go out or your heart will give out and everytime they come anxiety causes adrenaline to make them worse - drives me crazy. I do have anxiety disiorder but these symptoms of acid reflux and heart pvc's seem extremely real hard to tell myself to calm down.

Jimy 32 - Brooklyn
    Jimy, Thanks for your reply, nice to know one is not alone. Are you getting treated for your anxiety? I just started seeing a psychologist. I also stopped all GERD meds. I have increased my Calcium and Magnesium supplements, added Aloe vera pills and digestive enzymes. So far it has been helping with the Gerd and also the PVc's aren't as frequent.

Mike- Queens, NY

Closed Thread