It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board

• Tell me what you think

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-14-2006, 06:12 PM   #1
    Stoney109
    (male)

Stoney109 HB User
    Tell me what you think

well i've been on a "candida diet" for the last few wks and it has helped a lot. look it up. its basically no sugar and no yeast, mainly meat and vegetables. the bloating has gone way down. i've also started the nexium twice a day instead of once. also started albuterol and flovent..idk whether it is the diet or the 2 nexium a day thats been helping, but its been a big improvement. for the last wk, ive felt almost normal, no major sore throat or drip, and semi-normal breathing (shortness of breath/heavy breathing is my worst symptom by far)..idk what happenned, i didnt really do anything different, but last night the breathing started coming back again a little, shortness of breath/heavy feeling. sore throat a little today...i dont get it..im only 20. the cause has to be one of 3 things..you guys tell me what you think or which one it could possibly be...

1 - ending mid last summer, i stopped drinking heavily as well as stopped the antibiotic bactrim (for acne) i was getting bad headaches from the back of my neck. i stopped drinking because my hangovers were getting horrid and i didnt know why. coulda been the bactrim, or something else, idk. the last few ones lasted more than a day. forced me to stop drinking.. i drank way to much, was on bactrim one and off for a year, and lifted weights hardcore for 2-3 yrs, 4-5 days a wk, eating way too much (to gain muscle)...idk if any of that contributed. also wanna say that i did all the lifting with definite correct form... i shouldve stopped and thought of what the bactrim coulda been doing, if that contributed. but hey i was young and stupid..didnt treat my body well..didnt have any signs of reflux then though...

2 - i had a major tonsil infection last december. had mono(mononucleosis) during it. was in the hospital for a wk, didnt eat ANYTHING for almost 2 wks. lost 40-45 lbs in 1-2 wks. 155 lbs down to 115 lbs. my body sure used up a a LOT of the fat and muscle for nutrition to make up for not eating. my reflux symptoms started a month-month and a half after recovering

3 - before my reflux issues, i used to be a very stressed out and worrysome person since high school. a few wks after my surgery i was esp stressed out and anxious even more due to the surgery. if i didnt have the surgery i would of died because the infection didnt wanna go down on its own. i was very paranoid and stuff. had major lightheadedness issues, which i said to myself "i gotta take care of this myself." so i meditated, consious thinking, going outside more, appreciating things more, and just learning to relax..blood pressure was then better than ever after and i was a whole new person it seemed. big part of the stress was due to my acne issues, which are now gone, found a good topical product from a acne site. along with being stressed i would be in the bad habit of sucking in my gut (even though i didnt really have a big one) and breathing wrong, using my chest and not my diaghram. i was doing this for probably 2 yrs. half because of being stressed and half because of being a perfectionist with the weight lifting i was into. i took control of that as well when i took care of the stress. but still, my my reflux issues started soon after taking care of the stress. i read somewhere that your diaphram uses some of the same muscles as your LES valve down there that keeps the acid where it needs to be. im wondering if that had anything to do with it.

if you read my long post, please tell me what ya think..thx!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-14-2006, 06:50 PM   #2
    mkwll7
    Inactive
    (male)

mkwll7 HB User
    Re: Tell me what you think

I guess it could be any or all your problems causing it. My mom was on the meds for it. He was about to get surgery and was not doing good with it. I told her to take Flor-Essense tea and drink 2 ounces in morning and at night and it cleared up to normal in 2 weeks and shes been on it since for her reflux...not to mention its one of the best things you can do for your body anyway.

you can use apple cider vinager...alot of ppl do that
    lemon or lime juice has been talked about to work
    some aloe drink wouldn't hurt
    also theres the cleansing pills to get your body going.

Good luck

mike

Old 08-14-2006, 09:46 PM   #3
    tlily
    (female)

tlily HB User

Mike

Will have to look into that.

Tlily

Old 08-15-2006, 08:58 AM   #4
    Stoney109
    (male)

Stoney109 HB User

yeah, i just wish i knew why it happenned. it's kinda hard having unexplained breathing issues. i'm doing everything extremely by the books and still having some issues. i did try apple cider vinegar one day a month or 2 ago. i had 1-2 teaspoons, and a few hrs later, i was absolutely exhausted for a few hrs. it was wierd. i hardly could stand or lift my arms. idk if that was a sign that something was working or the opposite. my reflux symptoms werent any worse, i just was totally beat.. anyone else?

Old 08-16-2006, 12:55 AM   #5
    pohaku
    (male)

pohaku HB User

You are still young, what happened to you will go away eventaully.
    Stop worrying
    No alcohol,
    watch your diet
    no apple cider vinegar
    take 2 nexium in the morning
    take 1 zegerid in the evening
    take Gaviscon before bedtime
    take Rolaid with you all the time
    and exercise
    Give it a try

Old 08-17-2006, 07:11 AM   #6
    Stoney109
    (male)

Stoney109 HB User

thx pohaku. thats what im telling myself and hoping. that whatever happenned will fix itself. im doing all those things, not really worrying about reflux, or anything much in general. i have some progress. the burning has gone down a lot with the diet, unless i eat something wrong then it comes right back. at least im getting some progress...anyone else care to input?

Closed Thread