It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board

• Weight loss with GERD?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-28-2006, 06:53 PM   #1
    kali23
    (female)

kali23 HB User
    Weight loss with GERD?

Hi,
    I've had GERD for almost a year now, and I took Protonix for most of that time. I'm now trying some homeopathic remedies, but it's too soon to tell if they are working. Anyway, my question is, has anyone experienced weight loss with GERD? I've gone from about 175 to 144 in the past 8 months without trying. I was taking apple cider vinegar every day for a few months to try to help the reflux, and I thought that might have caused the weight loss, but now I'm starting to wonder if it's something else. I was previously convinced it was the vinegar but I haven't heard of many other people having that result. I've never been able to lose weight without trying, so I must say I'm slightly worried. My doctor was very excited about it so she wasn't much help. I also have anxiety issues, so I tend to worry about everything.

Has anyone else experienced weight loss as a result of GERD or acid-reflux medications? I haven't read that correlation on these boards. I know my appetite has been affected, but could it have been 30 lbs affected??

Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-28-2006, 07:11 PM   #2
    tlily
    (female)

tlily HB User
    Re: Weight loss with GERD?

I too have lost weight. About 10 pounds in a month. Never tried vinger or anything like that. Was on protonix for a while and then went on nexium. I became scared to because it took a lot of work to lose 1 pound in the past. I have had many test and nothing was found.

I think that gred and anxiety contributes weight loss in some of us. I have been eating a lot of carbs as I feel they settle better in my stomach and my weight has been steady. Again in the past, I would have gained 10 pounds.

I think it is the gerd and anxiety.

Anyone else losing weight.

tlily

The Following User Says Thank You to tlily For This Useful Post:
    iHateGERD22 (07-09-2012)
    Closed Thread