It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board

• endoscopy yesterday, throwing up today

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-31-2007, 10:03 AM   #1
    mbbasketball
    (female)

mbbasketball HB User
    endoscopy yesterday, throwing up today

Can anyone tell me if this is normal. I had an endoscopy done yesterday morning, last night had pain on right side below ribs, kept me awake. This morning, I thought I was having reflux pain, so decided to eat light. After eating eggs and toast, starting feeling more acid pain, then starting throwing up. I don't have any real sharp pain, just the feeling of acid burning in the stomach and chest pressure. This is my third endoscopy in the past two years, never had this to happen. I know the smart thing is to call the doctor, but I don't want to seem like a psycho and over reacting. Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-31-2007, 12:54 PM   #2
    alex12
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

alex12 HB Useralex12 HB User
    Re: endoscopy yesterday, throwing up today

Maybe you cought a bug in the hospital...stomach bugs are goping around everywhere now. ALso the anasthesia could have made you a little sick. I hope you feel better.

Old 02-01-2007, 12:55 PM   #3
    KevinT
    (male)

KevinT HB User

Sorry to hear it. I had one on friday 1/26 with no after effects. didnt even remember anything. Had a yogurt while being driven home. diagnosis was hiatal hernia (mild kind). Still have lump in throat and sinus issues after 4 years. 53 year male
    Gud luk
    KT

Old 02-01-2007, 08:25 PM   #4
    mbbasketball
    (female)

mbbasketball HB User

Thanks for all your input, still have nausea, but you maybe right, I think I have the bug. I have a call to my gastro, will see what he thinks.

Closed Thread