It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board

• I cannot take this Air Hunger everyday now~

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-01-2007, 12:43 PM   #1
    alex12
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

alex12 HB Useralex12 HB User
    I cannot take this Air Hunger everyday now~

I just cannot seem to get over this! I have tried so many remedies, I try the enzymes, I try the antacids, aciphex, I limit my wheat intake, no dairy, no acidic food! I give up!!!! It's ruined my life! I can't event alk to people without getting out of breath.
    I burp all day from breathing so hard. On top of it I have the lump in the throat feeling on and off all day. The breathing is the worse thing. No asthma meds work, NOTHING!
    Ok I really needed to vent! It's making me insane!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-01-2007, 02:22 PM   #2
    snowflake11
    (female)

snowflake11 HB User
    Re: I cannot take this Air Hunger everyday now~

i'm so sorry Alex. I know the feeling of desperation. Perhaps you are having esophageal spasms. Have you been tested with a manometry?

Old 02-01-2007, 04:31 PM   #3
    alex12
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Snowflake , that is my next test. Have you had that test? I am so stressed about not feeling able to breathe. I am at my witts end. Did you have this if so did you find relief?
    I'm desperate!

Old 02-01-2007, 05:27 PM   #4
    snowflake11
    (female)

snowflake11 HB User

yes i had the test - it shows i have spasms causing the chest tightness. my doc wants to do an esophageal dilation because my lower sphincter valve is too tight supposedly. but i don't want to do it fearing it gets too loose and causes an acid problem. my bravo test shows i don't have reflux, but i suspect i do. but they say that spasms can feel like reflux - so i am lost as to what really is causing the burning pain. the tightness and shoulder pain - yes, i can buy that is spasms.

anyhow - the test is simple - just a tad uncomfortable, but no biggie. you'll be fine. just be calm and swallow the skinny tube down. then do what they say and it'll be over in 1/2 hour. if i, big baby i am, can do it - you can! best of luck.

Old 02-01-2007, 06:19 PM   #5
    alex12
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Thanks for the info.... I feel like my problem is the upper esphagus sphincter, that seems to be tight and I told it was tight on my endoscopy, but was not given anything for relif ( I have since switched gastro's).
    I would love to get a "real" diagnosis so I could treat it properly!

Old 02-01-2007, 07:19 PM   #6
    snowflake11
    (female)

snowflake11 HB User

that makes alot of sense to me that your UES would be too tight. maybe they can stretch it? i heard that speech therapists are ones that treat swallowng dsorders so call one in your area. you should also be seeng an ENT ear nose throat doc.

Old 02-02-2007, 05:32 AM   #7
    alex12
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Thank you snowflake...Yes I see a speach therapist in NY, she is good, but I am yet to feel any relief from this.
    It's just so frustrating. I wish they could stretch my throat....I would do anything for relief.

Closed Thread