It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....



Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board

  • Where do yall have pain at?

  • Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Thread Tools Search this Thread
    Old 02-11-2007, 05:51 PM   #1
    n9ne
    Senior Member
    (male)
     
    Join Date: May 2006
    Location: S.Carolina
    Posts: 209
    n9ne HB User
    Where do yall have pain at?

    I was just curious as to where you have your acid/indigestion pains at? Chest, throat, abdomain,..etc

     
    Sponsors Lightbulb
       
    Old 02-11-2007, 06:11 PM   #2
    confused32
    Senior Veteran
    (female)
     
    confused32's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Nov 2003
    Location: Illinois
    Posts: 783
    confused32 HB User
    Re: Where do yall have pain at?

    Mine are in my throat.

     
    Old 02-11-2007, 06:42 PM   #3
    chickie99
    Member
    (female)
     
    chickie99's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Feb 2007
    Location: Massachusetts
    Posts: 81
    chickie99 HB User
    Re: Where do yall have pain at?

    I have pain on my left and right sides at my bottom rib, mostly on the right side - radiating down to my right side to my abdomen - pain ranges from 1-5 (5 being worst) anywhere from a constant 2 to 4 at times. I wake with sore throats and usually have asthma problems the next day.

     
    Old 02-11-2007, 07:19 PM   #4
    Ladybiker
    Senior Member
    (female)
     
    Ladybiker's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jan 2007
    Location: Georgia
    Posts: 125
    Ladybiker HB User
    Re: Where do yall have pain at?

    I don't have acid reflux or heartburn. I have heart pain on the left side, behind left breast bone. About 2 hours after I eat anything, doesn't matter what it is, I start hurting. Feels like heart pains. When I lay on my left side, they ease up. I had an endoscope done, and will be having a HIDA scan for the gallbladder. These pains feel just like heart pains, but I've been checked out by cardiologist. I'm trying Prilosec - I didn't like Prevacid.

     
    Old 02-11-2007, 07:27 PM   #5
    n9ne
    Senior Member
    (male)
     
    Join Date: May 2006
    Location: S.Carolina
    Posts: 209
    n9ne HB User
    Re: Where do yall have pain at?

    ^^^I have pretty much the same feelings. Left side near my breast bone.

     
    Old 02-11-2007, 07:31 PM   #6
    snowflake11
    Senior Member
    (female)
     
    snowflake11's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Sep 2006
    Location: NY, USA
    Posts: 273
    snowflake11 HB User
    Re: Where do yall have pain at?

    i have a sore throat alot, but my major burning pain is right in the middle of the base of the breastbone - in that hollow there directly above my belly button. i don't burn mid-chest. could this belly burn be gallbladder?

     
    Old 02-11-2007, 07:31 PM   #7
    chickie99
    Member
    (female)
     
    chickie99's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Feb 2007
    Location: Massachusetts
    Posts: 81
    chickie99 HB User
    Re: Where do yall have pain at?

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ladybiker View Post
    I don't have acid reflux or heartburn. I have heart pain on the left side, behind left breast bone. About 2 hours after I eat anything, doesn't matter what it is, I start hurting. Feels like heart pains. When I lay on my left side, they ease up. I had an endoscope done, and will be having a HIDA scan for the gallbladder. These pains feel just like heart pains, but I've been checked out by cardiologist. I'm trying Prilosec - I didn't like Prevacid.

    If you have a moment feel welcome to read my story posted yesterday in another thread:

    [url]http://www.healthboards.com/boards/showthread.php?t=237403[/url]

     
    Old 02-11-2007, 07:51 PM   #8
    n9ne
    Senior Member
    (male)
     
    Join Date: May 2006
    Location: S.Carolina
    Posts: 209
    n9ne HB User
    Re: Where do yall have pain at?

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by snowflake11 View Post
    i have a sore throat alot, but my major burning pain is right in the middle of the base of the breastbone - in that hollow there directly above my belly button. i don't burn mid-chest. could this belly burn be gallbladder?
    I really dont have burning pains at all, more just bloated, belching types

     
    Old 02-11-2007, 08:01 PM   #9
    chickie99
    Member
    (female)
     
    chickie99's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Feb 2007
    Location: Massachusetts
    Posts: 81
    chickie99 HB User
    Re: Where do yall have pain at?

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by n9ne View Post
    I really dont have burning pains at all, more just bloated, belching types
    You could Try keeping a food diary and see if your discomfort adds up to any patterns.

     
    Old 02-12-2007, 06:27 AM   #10
    Ladybiker
    Senior Member
    (female)
     
    Ladybiker's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jan 2007
    Location: Georgia
    Posts: 125
    Ladybiker HB User
    Re: Where do yall have pain at?

    Chickie99 -- I read you article. So much sounds like me. Thanks. I don't have asthma, etc. But I did try Prevacid -- and then I switched to Prilosec, which is what I am trying now, as of 2 days ago. I can't tell if it is making it worse or better. I called the gastro doctor's office this morning. Told them again that I need something for the pain, or something to help ease the esophagus or something. Not sure if they will. I do have the HIDA scan coming up this Friday. Right now he has me on Nortryptyline, which is an anti-depressant, but it's supposed to be a pain killer too. I told his office I really believe it has just made me worse. I do have heart palps and take Atenolol (spel?) for heart palps. I was able to get of the heart medication, until I began taking the Nortrptyline. Now I'm back on the heart med too. I'll see what gastro doctor's office does today. Thanks for the notes.

     
    Old 02-12-2007, 06:37 AM   #11
    chickie99
    Member
    (female)
     
    chickie99's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Feb 2007
    Location: Massachusetts
    Posts: 81
    chickie99 HB User
    Re: Where do yall have pain at?

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ladybiker View Post
    Chickie99 -- I read you article. So much sounds like me. Thanks. I don't have asthma, etc. But I did try Prevacid -- and then I switched to Prilosec, which is what I am trying now, as of 2 days ago. I can't tell if it is making it worse or better. I called the gastro doctor's office this morning. Told them again that I need something for the pain, or something to help ease the esophagus or something. Not sure if they will. I do have the HIDA scan coming up this Friday. Right now he has me on Nortryptyline, which is an anti-depressant, but it's supposed to be a pain killer too. I told his office I really believe it has just made me worse. I do have heart palps and take Atenolol (spel?) for heart palps. I was able to get of the heart medication, until I began taking the Nortrptyline. Now I'm back on the heart med too. I'll see what gastro doctor's office does today. Thanks for the notes.
    Your doc is probably going to have to work with you through process of elimination and testing. It's not a quick fix but I wish you wellness.

     
    Old 02-12-2007, 01:09 PM   #12
    chrisitine
    Member
    (female)
     
    chrisitine's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jan 2007
    Location: Canada
    Posts: 92
    chrisitine HB User
    Re: Where do yall have pain at?

    I have pain in the middle and sides of my stomach and I have been having pain in the chest plus burping and alot of pain and trouble swallowing.

     
    Old 02-12-2007, 07:11 PM   #13
    chickie99
    Member
    (female)
     
    chickie99's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Feb 2007
    Location: Massachusetts
    Posts: 81
    chickie99 HB User
    Re: Where do yall have pain at?

    over the past three days, I haven't been eating much. I feel really full after a 3-4 bites. whatever I try to eat doesn't seem to digest properly either. it just sits in my stomach like a rock all day and all night. i'm thinking its the medicine i'm taking, sucralfate (1 gm 4x day) and omeprazole (20mg 2x day) that is blocking absorption and digestion? (I've been on the omeprazole for 2 weeks now and have been taking the sucralfate for 4 days).

    I haven't had a bm in 2 days too. I cannot figure out if its because i'm not eating much or its the meds? i'm going on 2+ weeks now being ill with horrible gastro pains and rancid acid reflux and waiting to see the gastro specialist tomorrow *thank god*!

    So this evening I realized that my breathe is horrible - despite perfect oral hygiene. I thought to check my urine for ketones with some keto-stix i had from when I was doing the low carb diet. I would monitor my level of ketosis. Sure enough there is a considerable amount of ketones in my urine, despite my eating what I could today. Had half a bran muffin that I ate slowly over a 3 hr period this morning and an 3/4 of an egg bagel dry. Thankfully I did drink nearly 2 liters of water today too, to avoid getting dehydrated.

    Has anyone experienced this while they were still intaking food with this condition?

     
    Old 02-19-2007, 03:36 PM   #14
    n9ne
    Senior Member
    (male)
     
    Join Date: May 2006
    Location: S.Carolina
    Posts: 209
    n9ne HB User
    Re: Where do yall have pain at?

    Lately now I've been having fullness feelings on my left side below my breastbone. Like I feel bloated on that one side and it kinda goes into the middle of my stomach. Anybody else have this?

     
    Old 02-19-2007, 03:52 PM   #15
    IamNancy
    Member
    (female)
     
    IamNancy's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Sep 2006
    Location: NJ
    Posts: 78
    IamNancy HB User
    Re: Where do yall have pain at?

    I often have the pain in my upper back or in my chest...and sometimes a burny feeling in my nose.

     
    Closed Thread

    Related Topics
    Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
    moving to florida where i am GREAT warmnsunny Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD) (CRPS) 4 05-16-2007 09:59 PM




    Thread Tools Search this Thread
    Search this Thread:

    Advanced Search

    Posting Rules
    You may not post new threads
    You may not post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is Off
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are Off
    Pingbacks are Off
    Refbacks are Off




    Sign Up Today!

    Ask our community of thousands of members your health questions, and learn from others experiences. Join the conversation!

    I want my free account

    All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:29 AM.





    © 2020 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved.
    Do not copy or redistribute in any form!