It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board

• LPR and Muscle relaxant????

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-15-2007, 11:41 AM   #1
    alex12
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

alex12 HB Useralex12 HB User
    LPR and Muscle relaxant????

My Dr gave me a muscle relaxant for my neck and I am hoping it will help with my tight throat feeling, anyone have experience with LPR and taking a muscle relaxant?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-15-2007, 04:19 PM   #2
    kmlong
    (male)

kmlong HB User
    Re: LPR and Muscle relaxant????

my doctor gave me diazepam to try. it worked very well but i could still feel some soreness in my neck muscles. they are also very addictive as well, i stopped taking them. i kept waking up throughout the night which is very odd since diazepam is a relaxant.

Old 03-15-2007, 04:29 PM   #3
    alex12
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

I currently take KLonopin, its a benzo as well, this drug is more of a muscle relaxant and not a benzodiazapine...I don't know, but like you I cannot stand the throat feeling...its going on 6 months and the breathing or throat tightness is not getting better!
    I need help, its ruining my life! UGH!

Old 03-15-2007, 07:34 PM   #4
    kmlong
    (male)

kmlong HB User

have you tried any kind of anti anxiety meds? I am extremely against them myself but my last trip to the ENT the doctor urged me to try them and said after 2-3 weeks i would start feeling much better and that a lot of the tightness is coming from anxiety. He also said i was suffering from agitated depression as well most likely due to my health conditions. I've been taking Nortryptalin (generic for Pamelor) for about 2 weeks now and it has made a BIG difference with the tightness of the throat thing. I still have lump in throat feeling but i don't have the swelling feeling anymore. I don't plan on renewing the prescription, it will get me through for about 2 months and they are only 10mg doses once daily at night. they help you sleep too but that's just when you start taking them. It's worth a try anyways.

Old 03-16-2007, 05:42 AM   #5
    alex12
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

KMlong,

Well I have been on Paxil for a few years now....I hate that Dr's contribute every symptom to anxiety when they can't find a cure or cause. I know what I am feeling is not anxiety, it's real symptoms...just like i'm sure yours is. The diazapam help because it may relax your throat muscles.
    Just make sure you don't just accept it as anxiety. I know what anxiety feels like, and I am not anti meds as I take them, but just stick to your guns...you know your body.

Alex

Closed Thread