It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board

• Apple Cider Vinegar - Cure?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-19-2007, 01:42 PM   #1
    usd2bhlthy
    (female)

usd2bhlthy HB User
    Cool Apple Cider Vinegar - Cure?

I have been doing a lot of research on the web and many people seem to have achieved significant relief and even cures for GERDS with a apple cider vinegar/baking soda cocktail. I ran home from work last night and mixed some up. I swear it worked! I had the most pain free night last night in forever and am still feeling great. I drank another glass this am and plan to drink another when I get home tonight.
    I would love to hear from others about your experiences with this. Am I dreaming???? Does it work longterm or should I prepare for a heartbreak?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-19-2007, 08:43 PM   #2
    Riquelmy26
    (male)

Riquelmy26 HB User
    Re: Apple Cider Vinegar - Cure?

Don't be affraid to use ACV. I have been using it for over 6 months and have felt much better.
    I am happy I found it. I addition to the ACV use digestive enzymes. I use both things and don't have the same problems I had before.
    I spent years taking Protonix, Zantac, well you name it. I have had the need to take any of them in so long that I don't know what they taste like.
    ANy way. I have had good results with the vinager. The best of it is the fact that is very cheap.

Take care.

Old 06-20-2007, 06:59 AM   #3
    CHALUPA
    (female)

CHALUPA HB User

EITHER of you that tryes the acv did you have lpr problems to. I am curius if it will work for the reflux problem higher up. How much backing soda and acv to water do you use??

Old 06-20-2007, 08:34 AM   #4
    usd2bhlthy
    (female)

usd2bhlthy HB User

Thank you guys!

Riquelmy, very encouraging. I have also been taking digestive enzymes (3x/day) and probiotics. But the ACV seems to take away all of my nasty esophagitis/gastritis symptoms.

CHALUPA ~ my problem is with my LES but I have read that the ACV works for LPR also. Here's the recipe I've been using: 2 tbls. ACV (Braggs) mixed with 1/4 tsp. Arm & Hammer baking soda. Mix until bubbles go away and then pour in filtered water to make about 1/2 of an 8 oz. glass. I then add just a little honey (or Stevia) just to make the taste a little better.

Honestly, this is a miracle, for me anyway! Happy drinking!

Old 06-20-2007, 07:06 PM   #5
    Riquelmy26
    (male)

Riquelmy26 HB User

read the book, "Natural Cures". It will give you suggestion on what to do with your problem. I hope you get some results. I am happier now that I can stop acid reflux very quickly. Anyway, good luck.

Old 06-20-2007, 07:08 PM   #6
    Riquelmy26
    (male)

Riquelmy26 HB User

Go to a health food store. I Pay only $4.00 for a big jar.
    But remember, you have to take it just after meals to be more effective. Although it is effective regardless, it is more efficient just after meals. I can assure you that after 3 months, you will not need it as much. Good luck.

Old 06-20-2007, 07:40 PM   #7
    cindy23
    (female)

cindy23 HB User

I use the organic apple cider vinegar also(Braggs) I can not take any of the other reflux meds anymore due to other meds I take on a everyday basis so I had to find relief. But I just measure it straight 2 teaspoons and take it with my meals and I have actually been able to sleep at night.....WONDERFUL STUFF.

Last edited by cindy23; 06-20-2007 at 07:43 PM.

Old 06-21-2007, 06:21 AM   #8
    usd2bhlthy
    (female)

usd2bhlthy HB User

You can buy ACV at any grocery store. You can buy "Braggs" (all natural and unfiltered) at most health food stores or the higher end grocery stores that have health food sections. Good Luck!

Closed Thread