It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board

• acid reflux and chest pain

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-22-2007, 02:40 PM   #1
    chris388
    (male)

chris388 HB User
    acid reflux and chest pain

has anyone ever had chest pain on left side and arm pain I know it is not my heart had every test done all came back fine but i get very bloaty and some imes arm and chest pain

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-23-2007, 05:45 AM   #2
    chris388
    (male)

chris388 HB User
    Re: acid reflux and chest pain

anyone please

Old 06-23-2007, 06:02 PM   #3
    laurietrib
    (female)

laurietrib HB User

Chris,

I too have had all the heart tests and my chest and arm hurt on the left side.

I am now being tested for arthritis. I do know that if I eat something that is hot, I can feel exactly where the erosion in my esophagus is. Mine is exactly where the stomach and esophagus meet. And that is where my chest hurts.

I asked the cardiologist if there were nerves in your chest that went to the arm and he said there wasn't but alot of his patients who have acid reflux say that their left arm hurts too. He also said that the pain of a heart attack would be a whole lot different.

Old 06-24-2007, 04:44 AM   #4
    datgrlstef
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

datgrlstef HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by laurietrib View Post
    I asked the cardiologist if there were nerves in your chest that went to the arm and he said there wasn't but alot of his patients who have acid reflux say that their left arm hurts too. He also said that the pain of a heart attack would be a whole lot different.
    I wish somebody would have given me this information years ago. Back in 1999, I started having really intense chest pains. It was happening almost non-stop at some points, but then only now and then. Sometimes mild, sometimes painful enough to send me to the ER. The pain also traveled down the left arm, so I knew it was related. I had assumed the arm pain was neurological- nerve damage or something. I've been seeing a Neuro for the last several months. When I went to the ER back in '99, they gave me Tagamet, for heartburn. Frankly, I was confused. But their basic tests showed nothing wrong. They did an EKG and a chest xray. One doctor recommended a cardiac echo, but I never got one. The dr gave me meds for nerve pain (which helped for a while), but I stopped taking it.

Old 06-24-2007, 12:14 PM   #5
    MichaelWayne63
    (male)

MichaelWayne63 HB User

My doctor thought I was crazy at one time but yes I too have suffered chest pain with radiating pain under left armpit. I also have hurt all the way to my fingers. Excess acid or GERD is no joke.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MichaelWayne63 For This Useful Post:
    jvadr11 (04-12-2012),lunarweblink (08-31-2011)
    Old 06-24-2007, 04:40 PM   #6
    ~K~
    Inactive
    (female)

~K~ HB User

There are plenty of web references to gerd pain referring to one or even both arms, which explains why it can be mistaken for angina.

Old 06-25-2007, 02:20 PM   #7
    Donna K
    (female)

Donna K HB User

I have the chest and elbow pain everday. My internist tells me I have "tennis elbow" and my gastro doctor is really not sure what is going on with me. I still have no official dx. But I have all the symptoms of acid reflux/gerd. All the testing I have had comes back clear, no reflux!
    I finally have stopped rushing off to the ER with every chest pain. I just recently had a CT scan of my coronary arteries because I was so afraid that something was wrong with my heart. My cardiologist finally agreed to the testing to put me at ease. No blockage, thank god! The symptoms many people experience with gerd are very upsetting and even more so when doctors do not find clear evidence of it. I am going to see an ENT doctor (the only speciality I haven't checked out) because I seem to have a lot of mucus and the chest pain seems to go hand and hand with it. Sorry for being so graphic.

Closed Thread