It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board

• Protonix

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-10-2007, 07:37 AM   #1
    jake1369
    (female)

jake1369 HB User
    Protonix

Does it cause you to have feelings of hot flushes and pain in the stomach? I experienced a hot flush the other day in my chest area, and also my mood has been very irritable and grouchy. I had losec which was making me have the pains in my upper left chest, now the Protonix is doing this. Will anything ever work!!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-11-2007, 04:43 AM   #2
    kay9k
    (female)

kay9k HB User
    Re: Protonix

I realize the first thing docs use for GERD is protonix or nexium ........ give something natural a try - I used to take protonix daily and couldn't even miss my dose by an hour or I'd be in trouble. The problem I found is that these drugs do in fact suppress the acid in your stomach/esophagus. However, the acid is needed in there to digest food and long term it isn't good for you (my opinion!) I tried using orange peel extract - this was made by a company I found online - [removed] - I used this for a month (after reading an article about it) IT WORKED. It was I think around $20 a bottle and after the first bottle, I just used apple cider vinegar before and after each meal - I no longer need any prescription meds and no longer have GERD - can eat anything. If I get a small twinge of it - I go back to using the acv - works great. Basically you have an unbalanced pH going on and need to rebalance it. Good luck!

Last edited by HBMod07; 07-12-2007 at 11:47 AM. Reason: Directing searches is against the posting rules.

Old 07-11-2007, 06:51 AM   #3
    CHALUPA
    (female)

CHALUPA HB User

Hi kay9k,
    I am curous what were your symptoms that the acv worked. I have chronic gastritis and i am scared it will hurt my stomach. I have been dealing with this for a year and it has ruined my life. I feel like my throat is cloasing,shortness of breath all day. stomach bloating, chest pain, and last ut not least burning in my stomach. Oh also alot of pressure in my ears. I was told that they thinkk i have gerd and lpr. Do you have any of these problems and the acv worked??

Old 07-11-2007, 11:11 AM   #4
    jake1369
    (female)

jake1369 HB User

I had the acv last night, 2 tablespoons with water, then I had a pain behind my left breastbone and then gas comes up. This morning my stomach was flat, not bloated and for the first time I didn't feel grouchy. Is the acv something to do long term or just until I am back to normal? Also is there any harm with acv to the heart, I heard on a talk show about the amount of potassium that's in it, and people should be careful about how much they take. Once in the morning and once at night should be ok, shouldn't it

Old 07-12-2007, 08:25 AM   #5
    CHALUPA
    (female)

CHALUPA HB User

can you tell me what your symptms are. I want to try the acv but am scared because i have gastritis along with gerd. I have been on every med this year and nothing seems to work for me.

Old 07-14-2007, 12:52 AM   #6
    *DottieGirl*
    (female)

*DottieGirl* HB User

Protonix is stronger than prilosec, at least that was how it was for me. I tried to get off of the protonix but I just couldn't, the acid would keep swelling up so I had to keep taking them. The biggest problem is what you eat. I can't even eat junk food anymore without feeling something; however, I just discovered that taking 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda in the morning and in the night with a cup of water settles the stomach and does wonders. The acid in the stomach is caused by "fermentation", this is what I have been researching. And simple baking soda stops the fermentation process which causes the acid; the baking soda actually breaks everything down faster so that you don't get acid reflux. I forget to take it tonight, and starting feeling the pain then I did the baking soda trick and 5 minutes later I was fine. And baking soda is cheap, like $1 a box!

Closed Thread